PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I'm calling her Mia

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sss408
its a truck pump and wont work with the car intake, love the project cant wait to see it done seems like it is getting really close! also you painting that intake same color as the shaved one? thought it looked very good!
I'm probably going to if I can blast the intake, if you dont then the paint doesnt stick.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by lsx10
I'm probably going to if I can blast the intake, if you dont then the paint doesnt stick.
Wash it with Hot Soapy water, Then use a plastic Adheasion promoter like Bull Dog. I noticed they started saleing it at the local Autozone and other automtive parts stores like 2 years or so ago. Before I would order the same stuff through the paint store at work.

Its basicaly like sealing the plastic. then you can put primer and paint on and it will stick. Thats How they paint New plastic bumpers and grills for cars and trucks that Have been Wrecked and need replacement parts.

Check it out when you get a chance...
Old 03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Regular

thanks i'll look into that^
Old 03-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Wash it with Hot Soapy water, Then use a plastic Adheasion promoter like Bull Dog. I noticed they started saleing it at the local Autozone and other automtive parts stores like 2 years or so ago. Before I would order the same stuff through the paint store at work.

Its basicaly like sealing the plastic. then you can put primer and paint on and it will stick. Thats How they paint New plastic bumpers and grills for cars and trucks that Have been Wrecked and need replacement parts.

Check it out when you get a chance...
wow on my ls2 intake i just sanded, cleaned, primed and painted, seemed to work out ok for me but hasn't gotten hot yet used 500* paint though
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

I did for get to mention. You do need to Sand scuff or what ever... the hot water and Soap Helps get the Oils out of the plastic. Plastic is porus and retians the Mold relase agent along with any other oils it coms in contact with...
Old 03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Teching In

*Subscribed* Of course I planned to come back and read the thread later, but you guys know how that goes...

Congrats on the super clean build so far!!! Any estimate as to how long until it's up and running? This thread is definately making me itch to graduate and start making some money so I can get to work on an LS2 or iron block 6.0 build in an ext. cab or, preferably, crew cab S-10. I'd like to get rid of the 4wd in a crew cab and lower it a tad. Eventually I'd like to put a 78mm turbo on it, but that invovles even more money.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

Small update, i'll have some more soon though.

cpw cooling setup done.

frame welded up and plated in(I know the notch is big, but trust me it is solid)

cleaned up the frame and painted the firewall. It turned out as good as I hoped it would!

old stuff removed

to make way for these, belltech 3" leafs, extream swaybar, blazer spindles and brakes.

I have a few more things done that i'll post up in a few days, i've had no damn time, I wish I wasn't in school right now.

Greg
Old 04-13-2009, 12:25 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Is hedman selling the headers yet? I am going to be running A/C so I dont wanna cut out the box.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

sorry for the delayed reply, yes they are selling them, the long tubes wont fit with ac, you would have to reroute a primary to make it work. I have the 1 5/8th mids that I will get some pics of soon. headman told me they would probably need a notch in the ac box, but it looks like they will fit fine.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dam man thats some bad *** progress. I havent checked in awhile and dam its lookin good. I have a pretty flexible schedule with my new job right now so if you need any help one weekend let me know a couple days in advance and I can fly down there and help you out. Lookin good tho!

Quick Reply: I'm calling her Mia