PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I'm calling her Mia

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if I can get my stall back in this week I could use the help this weekend! but thats only if I get my stall, i was supposed to have it last week. I sent it in to fuddle to figure out why the input shaft was too long, he said he would call me back last week and it would be done in a few days...

I have the worst luck with parts...
Old 05-26-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

updates!

after many hiccups and frustrations I have come to more hiccups and frustrations.

I got a crapload of parts in, and picked some stuff up from the local hotrod shop.

headers

tq converter, long story short my other one was jacked up, John at fuddle hooked me up with this beast. I highly recommend working with these guys! this will take more power then I will ever make.

new overflow

got my axles drilled with new arp studs

I got my new tranny x-member and traction bars from Diabolical performance! Mike is awsome, the x member was a perfect fit and the bars are beefy as hell!
(its him in the pics not me)

I got a TON of other parts in but i'll update that later when my computer gets fixed, now onto the important stuff.

My garage looks like this right now.... how does a small truck take up a 2 car garage from wall to wall?

energy suspension bushings and end links installed with the extreme swaybar.

the blazer brakes didn't like my wheels so I picked up some half in spacers from the local rod shop and some longer studs. I picked up some upper controll arms from speedway motors with some new ball joints. belltech 2in drop springs and drop shocks. New ceramic pads are installed in the blazer brakes.

ripped out old tank and made room for my blazer tank. I have a walbro 255 that will be added to the blazer tank before it is installed. oh and I love my new sawsall!

I turned my ford green top injectors(42lb) into black tops, cleaned up my intake and painted to match the engine block, cleaned up the fuel rail, cleaned up the last of my accessories and finally got my engine in its final resting place. installed my new ac box, installed 4.3 throttle cable and installed my pedal. I set the motor too far back and had to elongate the holes in the mounts to move it forward enough to clear the ac box. I talked to brp and they designed new mounts that bolt into the stock frame holes so this wont be an issue for anyone else.

installed tranny x-member and heat matted where my cats and headers will be run. tranny member fits great! I have enough room for 4 inch duals under here!

Hopefully I will have more updates soon. I will be on TDY for 2 weeks, hopefully I will get my rear set up before I leave but i'm not crossing my fingers. I hade some slight fitment issues with the headers that I will be calling headman about, but I will be making these ones work with some steering shaft modification.

Greg
Old 05-26-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet update!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:25 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Dustin
Old 06-17-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

back home and getting back to her again. ordered my first welder. it should be here this weekend mopefully. then i'll get my rear end finished up, gastank installed, all the little brackets I need to make, and get my exhaust peiced togather. I also ordered my wiring finally, should be here in about a month.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Teching In

what kind of welder did u buy
Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Where are you getting the headers? How much are they running? Nobody has them on their websites. Im getting close to having to order some. Shoot me a pm.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Duckslayer08
what kind of welder did u buy
a lincoln 180hd 240v

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...e=cii_13736960

got it new for 406 shipped off e-bay
Old 06-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Teching In

sweet i just bought a millermatic dvi 2. done a few welding jobs with it so far and love it
Old 06-18-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow great job so far, just got done reading the hole thing, and now i want to do something like this, but more of a sleeper. again great build, lookforward to seeing it complete

Quick Reply: I'm calling her Mia