PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I'm calling her Mia

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so after fighting with my headers for a while I finally got them to fit with some cutting, grinding, welding, and a new steering shaft. they look great, but they didn't fit well on mine. the new bolt in mounts are supposed to help that, i have been talking to brp again to get this worked out.

I finally got my rear end finished, when I got it narrowed the shop welded an end on crooked, they fixed it for no cost though. I welded on the spring pads, cleaned and painted it to match the engine, got new e-brake shoes, ceramic pads, and new rotors. now Mia has 4 wheel disks, 3.73s with a posi, and traction bars.

my welds are getting better too

I talked to jared and he said the wiring should be here sometime next week, and I have a 3 day weekend this week so I should be ready to put the wiring in when I get it.

she still has alot left but she's starting to come togather pretty well. I really hope to have her running mid august before school starts, but we'll see how that goes.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

looking good dude keep it up

btw are you running a 8.8 rear?

Last edited by 02_Orange_D1SC; 07-24-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:22 AM
13 Second Truck Club

So the BRP's dont fit well?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
So the BRP's dont fit well?
nope, I thought I had it fixed by moving the engine up 3/4 of an inch, but then the primaries hit the ac box. but I also have the crappy mounts and the first headders off the line so they might have gotten better.

I also have the luck of someone who broke a mirror while walking under a ladder when a black cat was running in front of them.

btw do you have a build thread yet? that engine in your sig looks sick!

Originally Posted by twolow02fransen
looking good dude keep it up

btw are you running a 8.8 rear?
yup 8.8 with 3.73 and trak loc with carbon disks. should help with traction a little.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

thats differant figured you would find one outta a 4.3 s-dime dont they come with 8.5 still none the less pretty cool that your running a ford rear those 8.8s are tuff little bastards i know for a fact i have one in my foxbody put that thing though hell and still running strong
Old 07-24-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lsx10
...and I jizzed in my pants!

haha holy **** man that thing is looking ****** SEXY!

good to see the updates man. Wish I could completely tear a truck apart and build it like that

still bad *** none the less! keep it up!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by twolow02fransen
thats differant figured you would find one outta a 4.3 s-dime dont they come with 8.5 still none the less pretty cool that your running a ford rear those 8.8s are tuff little bastards i know for a fact i have one in my foxbody put that thing though hell and still running strong
nope, very few of them came with it. the best bet is to find one out of a newer blazer with discs, the do a gear swap then add a posi.
total cost around 700-1000

I have around 550 in my 8.8 and it is stronger

the blazer brakes are a little better, but the explorer rear has 31 spline axles and a rebuilable posi stock. plus they are cheap and plentiful at junk yards, blazer 8.5 rears are few and far between, are only posi if they are 4wd(4wd axles are wider then 2wd), plus the stock posi is crap, 28 spline axles.

00Silv4.8- thanks for the compliment, she doesn't look as nice as alot of other builds on here, but not to shabby for a homemade truck.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by lsx10
31 spline axles .... 8.5 rears are few and far between, .....stock posi is crap, 28 spline axles.

I have this thread...https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...?t=442145...It is a talking about my motor plans.

I will probably continue this thread as the build thread. I plan to buy all the parts and then begin the swap. Once the 4.3 comes out, Im hoping to finish it all within a week or two. I will be using a week of my vacation to do it so I still get paid.

Keep me updated on the BRP's, if they came out with a better design. I want to order the ones that fit the best, no matter the cost.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Those wheels would look so awesome on my malibu!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Regular

I spent half of yesterday and most of my free time today helping my buddy put long tube headers and off road Y pipe on his 2000 trans am, so I didn't get to work on my truck till 6:30.

well I got half done putting my gas tank in today and then I ran out of welding wire. at 8:30 at night on sunday.... so I sanded and painted my inner fenders to match the firewall and called it a night. I still have to move all my furniture out of my house tonight so that the carpet can get installed tomorrow morning.

I have tomorrow off so I'll get more wire and get all this stuff finished. tomorrow i'm picking up a battery and a relocator kit and tossing my battery in my bed, or under it if I can find some space.

Greg

Quick Reply: I'm calling her Mia