PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I'm calling her Mia

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:37 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lsx10

I have tomorrow off so I'll get more wire and get all this stuff finished. tomorrow i'm picking up a battery and a relocator kit and tossing my battery in my bed, or under it if I can find some space.

Greg
I am thinking about mounting mine in the spare tire area like a few people here have done. I have to make it NHRA legal tho so if I want to run at a certain track.

What were you thinking og doing for mounting it?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome, good luck tomorrow
Old 07-27-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good, idk if you mentioned it yet, but what tranny are you going to be running?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 5speedsilverado
looks good, idk if you mentioned it yet, but what tranny are you going to be running?
4l60e, lt style with a custom converter.

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
I am thinking about mounting mine in the spare tire area like a few people here have done. I have to make it NHRA legal tho so if I want to run at a certain track.

What were you thinking og doing for mounting it?
for now it will be in the bed behind the right wheel well. I have a blazer tank now where my spare tire was, i'll post pics of that soon. I want to find space for it under the bed outside the frame rail in the rear right corner, but that will make it a pita to get to the rear leaf spring bolt and to get to the battery itself. I got everything but the cable which i'm picking up on the way home from work today, it wont be going in for a while though.

an easy place to put it is outside the framerail behind the passenger seat, plenty of room to work with and it wont get in the way of anything.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Your built looks freaking awesome man, great job!!

I'm putting a 5.3L in my 85 GMC 1/2 ton pickup, and was wanting to use an LS1 intake. I'm glad to see that it CAN be used with the truck accessories. If you don't mind me asking, where does the "spacer about 3/4 inches thick or a ton of washers, a longer bolt" go? And I think you said something about needing to swap out water pumps. What vehicle is the new pump for?

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by lsx10
here she is with a new belt routed for the car style intake. if you do it like this you will need a spacer about 3/4 inches thick or a ton of washers, a longer bolt, and a belt that is 102 inches long to 102.5 inches long, any shorter or longer and it wont work. it took me 4 belts to find that out. 100 and 101 were both too short, and a 102.7 fit but didn't have enough tension on it.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc
Your built looks freaking awesome man, great job!!

I'm putting a 5.3L in my 85 GMC 1/2 ton pickup, and was wanting to use an LS1 intake. I'm glad to see that it CAN be used with the truck accessories. If you don't mind me asking, where does the "spacer about 3/4 inches thick or a ton of washers, a longer bolt" go? And I think you said something about needing to swap out water pumps. What vehicle is the new pump for?

Thanks in advance!
for the water pump you need either an ls1 pump with a truck pulley(swap out for your old one). of a water pump off a 2007 and up truck. I used the newer truck water pump. if you use the truck one try to find the throttle body with the smaller linkage on the side(sorry I dont know the year).

the spacer and longer bolt goes onto the alternator bracket. it moves the idler pulley from beside the alternator to right below it. if you look at the picture of mine then at your stock one you will see where I moved the idler pulley from. then just cut off where the idler pulley was.

also I used all thread to make a stud to go there since I couldnt find the right length bolt.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet, thanks for the info! My engine is a 2006, and I'm using the drive by wire TB. Hopefully things will all fit with the drive by wire TB and the LS1 intake.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc
Sweet, thanks for the info! My engine is a 2006, and I'm using the drive by wire TB. Hopefully things will all fit with the drive by wire TB and the LS1 intake.
I know it will fit with the ls1 pump, dont know if the dbw will work with the new truck style.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

well I picked up more wire and got the last of my tank mounts finished up, cut the frame for the filler tube, got the rest of the battery relocating stuff, and relocated the charcoal canister. also cleaned, primed, and painted the inner fenders to match the firewall. before I put the front end together I will be painting everything in the engine bay to match the firewall.

I also got news today that my wiring will be here on wednesday!

and on to the pics, the tank sits nice and high but still clears the bed without cutting any of the supports.

more updates to come this weekend!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

That fuel tank looks SEXY

Quick Reply: I'm calling her Mia