PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I'm calling her Mia

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
I believe it's going to be 10.2:1. I have a post on different heads on an LQ4 in the internal mods section. Check it out, lots of good info there.
Exactly. 10.1-10.2 with stock 243 heads (64.45cc) depending on how much is milled off to get a true surface.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

not too much to update, tore down the 6.0 all the way, and pulled the wiring harness from the 4.8. had some down time at work so i cleaned up the valley cover.

do you guys think I should polish it or leave it brushed? My plan was to polish it, but when I started to clean it up I tried brushing it and liked the look. i'll be doing the timing cover and valve covers too, along with whatever else I get the time to do.

does anyone know the best way to seal raw aluminum?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:55 AM
TECH Regular

update:

been busy all weekend, but i got a little time to work on Mia.

finally got the cab lifted and the engine and tranny out.

now I have to try and clean all this up

I'm going to redo the notch and engine mounts. I don't like these at all.

cleaned up the timing chain cover, this thing was a *****. but I like how it turned out. and its going to be the hardest one to clean up.

I picked up a set of stripes this weekend

so now after I did all my work and progress i'm going to have me some of this.

tomorrow I'll be pulling the pan on the tranny, cleaning and repainting the new block, and whatever else I get around too. the valve covers should be shaved and brushed this coming week sometime.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:01 AM
13 Second Truck Club

What all did you do to get those kind of finishes? How did you achieve the brushed look?

BTW, I dont know if you mentioned, Which pan are you going with?
________
**** Webcams

Last edited by A Low Dime; 09-02-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Regular

a have the truck pan, but i'm trying to hunt down an ls2 pan. I ground everything off with sanding discs, then rough stripping/buffing disks, to softer buffing disks, and brushed them with a scratch pad, something a little rougher then your average dish scrubber. i can get more details later, I used a friends tools and discs.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:33 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Whenever I finally get settled in a new place, I was planning on using the LS2 pan.
________
VAPORIZER WIKI

Last edited by A Low Dime; 09-02-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lsx10
its taking a blazer tank and making a cross member for it to sit in. You have to relocate the spare tire or remove it, and get some mounts made for the tank along with extending the fuel lines. Its not too difficult if you or someone you know can cut and weld and do simple fabrication. i'll try and dig up a thread from another site later, and hopefully will do the swap myself depending on if my buddy gets here before I have to leave again for school. I can fabricate, but I dont have a welder and am not great at welding, I can but my buddy is great at it and he has a few welders.
What are the advantages with the blazer tank?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow man good find. I just found a 6.0 for 400. I like ur build and I think its gonna scream. keep posting updates
Old 10-13-2008, 01:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rfoster
What are the advantages with the blazer tank?
the blazer tank sits behind the axle for better weight distribution. the s-10s have a reputation for leaning to one side, especially in the front right corner because the gas tank is located just below the driver. with the driver and a full tank the left side will lean quite a bit, especially with my 235lb self in it. with the blazer tank the wieght is over the rear so it will help me hook, plus will diminish the lean. i'll be relocating as much as I can to under the bed as I can.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
wow man good find. I just found a 6.0 for 400. I like ur build and I think its gonna scream. keep posting updates
that should be pretty sweet, you got a build thread for me to follow? I was really torn between building a 5.3 s10 or a sbsc full size with a built 6.0 in it, but I couldn't find a full size for a good price when I got back. and now that I have an s10 with a 6.0 in it I'm glad I ended up getting this one.

Quick Reply: I'm calling her Mia