PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I'm calling her Mia

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
GMPartsdirect FTW. I ordered my head, valve cover and timing cover gaskets from them. Be sure you said you need 2 of the valve and head gaskets... I only got one But if your ordering enough parts to make it worth the 20 bux in shipping its a good buy. SDPC is also pretty good and Summitracing is good if you know exactally what your looking for. And only $10 for shipping and it takes about a week since they're in Nevada.

I may need to bring my valley, valve, and timing covers to you so you can brush them. It looks very clean and I think it'd add a nice touch just how it is.
Yes, head gaskets and valve cover gaskets come as singles and even the stealership doesn't come right out and say so.... I was lucky enough to already have a single so I knew that before I went down there....
Old 11-16-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may need to bring my valley, valve, and timing covers to you so you can brush them. It looks very clean and I think it'd add a nice touch just how it is.
really I would just paint the valley cover, I used it as practice to see if I would like it. But for most builds you wont see it unless you run a victor jr, or sheetmetal intake.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Nice build. Im subscribed.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the crank bolt and valve cover gaskets get the cam install kit. It is part number 12499228. It included intake gaskets, crank bolt, crank seal, valve cover gaskets, front cover gasket, and water pump gaskets.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribing !
Old 11-16-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lsx10
really I would just paint the valley cover, I used it as practice to see if I would like it. But for most builds you wont see it unless you run a victor jr, or sheetmetal intake.
hmm, that is true. Good call. Well if you would still be up to brush some other parts I'd be glad to pay you or give you a hand if needed
Old 11-27-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

okay guys, so I cleaned out the garage today and got a few parts in.

hardware

fuddle 3000 stall

also did the stripes on the valve covers, I think it turned out really good.

I tried to clear the valley cover and timing cover but they are coming out with really bad texture/orange peel. anyone know how to get rattle-can high temp clear to come out smoothish?

and lastly I started shaving my intake. it will be painted to match the block and I will be adding an aluminum strip over the top next week to match my covers.

my gaskets, pushrods, and valve seals are all on there way, so now i'm waiting on an ls2 oil pan and like everyone else headers to start real progress.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Sick!!! Who did you end up getting the hardware and gaskets from???
Old 11-27-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

hmm, that is true. Good call. Well if you would still be up to brush some other parts I'd be glad to pay you or give you a hand if needed
send them down to me, my valve covers are going to need special coil brackets, but I would need that anyways for clearance in my little truck. if your going to do this or have me do it you would want to relocate your coils so you would actually see your covers. you wouldn't need to, but it would look better imo.

pm me and we can work something out.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Sick!!! Who did you end up getting the hardware and gaskets from???
everything from e-bay, thechevyshop hooked me up with the hardware I needed and I got a head gasket swap package on an auction for $50 both headgaskets, exh and int manifold gaskets, and valve cover seals.

everything with shipping was less then the dealer wanted for a set of head bolts before tax.

Quick Reply: I'm calling her Mia