PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

LSX 438 Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Denali
quick update,
truck will be full covered through Homeowners insurance,
Have a million things to do.
again I want to thank everyone for their support.
LET THE MODDING BEGIN
As an insurance adjuster this comment peaks my interest. I'm interested to know with whom you're insured. If your homeowners is not a commercial product and it covers the loss to your truck...well, I'd like to read that policy.

Generally, homeowners policies specifically exclude motorized vehicles, parts, etc. Some items can be scheduled on your policy for more premium. These exclusions "encourage" the customer to buy another product, automobile insurance (i.e. more premium).

Additionally, auto policies usually limit the amount of coverage for aftermarket items. The company I work for limits that to $1000. However, some commercial policies will cover anything permanently attached to the vehicle. Again, more coverage generally comes with a higher premium.

04Denali,
This loss is unfortunate but as others have said it could have been much worse. The documentation process that you will be asked to complete can seem like an impossible task... it's not. Take your time and good luck.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by absmith
As an insurance adjuster this comment peaks my interest. I'm interested to know with whom you're insured. If your homeowners is not a commercial product and it covers the loss to your truck...well, I'd like to read that policy.

Generally, homeowners policies specifically exclude motorized vehicles, parts, etc. Some items can be scheduled on your policy for more premium. These exclusions "encourage" the customer to buy another product, automobile insurance (i.e. more premium).

Additionally, auto policies usually limit the amount of coverage for aftermarket items. The company I work for limits that to $1000. However, some commercial policies will cover anything permanently attached to the vehicle. Again, more coverage generally comes with a higher premium.

04Denali,
This loss is unfortunate but as others have said it could have been much worse. The documentation process that you will be asked to complete can seem like an impossible task... it's not. Take your time and good luck.
I am sure different states have different rules, like I said before, I had someone break into my truck while I was in Texas and steal some things out of it. my auto insurance covered the damage to my vehicle but would only cover 200.00 worth of personal items, my homeowners insurance covered everything in my truck, laptop and all programs tools, and the truck wasn't even in the state that I reside in.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:22 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

...Additionally, auto policies usually limit the amount of coverage for aftermarket items. The company I work for limits that to $1000. However, some commercial policies will cover anything permanently attached to the vehicle. Again, more coverage generally comes with a higher premium.
Well I don't have a commercial policy or anything like that however when my truck was broken into and my aftermarket in-dash TV, speakers, amps and subs w/ box were stolen my insurance covered me in full minus my deductible. All they asked me to show was the receipts for the aftermarket parts and of the labor of install and they refunded me those in full. After all was said and done they paid 4K for my audio equipment, $1500 for labor and 2K to replace my passenger window, re-tinting it and repainting the whole side of the truck that was scratched. I had no additional insurance on my truck, just regular standard insurance.
After I heavily modded my truck I called them back to add insurance and they said as long as I keep all my receipts that I would be covered in full. I've been with them for 8 years now and they've never tried to screw me over. Some insurance companies are alright, at least in my eyes.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Teching In

You're right, insurance does vary by state. Each state has a Dept. of Insurance.

My interest lies in the fact that most insurance policies are similar, carrier to carrier and state to state. If your carrier has some additional coverage I would like to know about it (professional and personal reasons). Do you mind sharing the name of your homeowners carrier? Forgive me if I missed it earlier.

Regarding your theft in Texas: if you were insured with us, we would have covered up 10% of your "contents" or personal property coverage off the insured premises (in your truck wherever it was at the time of loss). However, your homeowners deductible would have applied. Obviously, your auto deductible applied to the damage to your truck.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

You're right, insurance does vary by state. Each state has a Dept. of Insurance.

My interest lies in the fact that most insurance policies are similar, carrier to carrier and state to state. If your carrier has some additional coverage I would like to know about it (professional and personal reasons). Do you mind sharing the name of your homeowners carrier? Forgive me if I missed it earlier.

Regarding your theft in Texas: if you were insured with us, we would have covered up 10% of your "contents" or personal property coverage off the insured premises (in your truck wherever it was at the time of loss). However, your homeowners deductible would have applied. Obviously, your auto deductible applied to the damage to your truck.
I had no additional coverage for my homeowners, I had 175,000 dollars for personal property and 50,000 for loss of use.

I will share my insurance company as soon as my claim is settled
Mark
Old 06-19-2008, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry about your lose, but like others have said things couldve been much worse. Good to hear youre insurance is gonna help you out and cover the cost. i couldnt believe it till I saw it in person. Cant wait to see what you build next once you get everything back in order.

Nick
Old 06-19-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nickpc82
. i couldnt believe it till I saw it in person.

Nick
Did you drive by my house and see it? Kinda sucks doesn't it.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya I drove by today. Ya it does suck especially cause it was the first time I saw it, and it had to be like that.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:59 AM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

damn it man i remember the first time i seen your truck you posted it on ls1truck.com and i fell in love, so sorry for your loss man, i totalled my show truck about a year and a half ago, but it was no where near the caliber of job you did. So i can only imagine what youre goin through. I hope everything works out for you, by the way youre crazy for jumpin in there and backing out the truck man, but im sure we all would of done it, good luck bro.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:04 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again Mark I am hoping you are able to recover expenses for all the little things...that add up into huge $ and I really look forward to hear what you have in store for the next truck.

Quick Reply: LSX 438 Twin Turbo