PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

LSX 438 Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had a buddy have a similar tragedy happen to him, only he had dropped his insurance while having a built trans put in truck....total loss....

Im so sorry for your losses man.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1fastmofo
had a buddy have a similar tragedy happen to him, only he had dropped his insurance while having a built trans put in truck....total loss....

Im so sorry for your losses man.
Thanks,
We all know $hit happens
Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04Denali
Thought it was about time for an update,
bought another 04 Denali with 78,000 miles.
it is in kinda rough shape and I really don't like driving it. every time I drive it and I hear a rattle, shake or noise that my other Truck didn't have I get kinda bummed out. So the other day when I was driving it I started thinking that I need to do something with this.

SO LET THE NEW BUILD BEGIN

my old truck is now at Synergy Motorsports,
the engine will be pulled out and gone through, the compression ratio will be raised in preparation for the TVS 2300 to be put on it.
Heads will be sent in to see if they can be saved and Finish line Transmission we be doing my transmission again.

all new Leather interior will be put in along with all new dash pieces.
I will need a complete new paint job on it because there is no way to make this paint job look anywhere close to my old truck.
I like Silver Birch (pewter) so I will paint it that color again but with either more metal flake or Pearl, something to make it POP!!!!!!!!!
anywY I will keep you guys posted.
Mark
I just started lurking here again after an approximtely 2 year hiatus and it's great that you have decided to become the "phoenix" of the forum!

Your build will be sort of guiding my possible project. I started saving $$$ a few weeks ago for an engine build combination that would make 1k hp/torque.

I want to use a TVS, not use turbo's and I was thinking 454".... maybe. Any guess's as to the hp/torque you'll make with the 434 and the TVS?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Welcome back Jim! I know some time back that it was mentioned of what had happened to ya.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Welcome back Jim! I know some time back that it was mentioned of what had happened to ya.
HEY! Thanks for the welcome. I got bummed out, totally frustrated, and thoroughly po'd with the truck and the guy that I'd been hanging with in the hot rod world and just parked it. Never touched it for two years! Put my attention into playing pool. But now the truck has my heart and head again so I'm dreaming and planning. Want to make 1k hp/torque. What will it take? I'll start a thread. I've hi-jacked this one too much as it is.

You have what I want... that CTSV. I have a 2003 LaSabre w/40k miles on it that I use as my highway car and I'd love to replace it w/a CTSV. BUT then I'd just start pouring time/money into the build of it. That's the way I seem to roll. I go overboard on everything I get interested in.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

This was one of my fav builds, sad to see it gone.