PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My 2007 SCSB Revival

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My 2007 SCSB Revival

Hey guys,
New to the Performance Truck forum. Been a lurker for quite a few years.

I've had a variety of trucks. 98 Silverado, 07 Silverado Duramax, '16 Denali, '18 Denali Ultimate and now a back in a '07 Silverado SCSB. In October 2021 I sold my 2018 Denali. That tuck was a dream truck but also a monster payment. It was loaded to the gills and I even went as far as to LT4 swap it. Along with a few other tasteful mods. Dual mode exhaust and big 6 piston GMC Accessory front brakes.

It is missed but selling it allows me to play in other arenas more often.

LT4 Supercharger on L86

GMPP GenV Intake Setup w/LT4

In November 2021 I found a super clean rust free 07 NBS GMT900 Single Cab Short Box. I have wanted one for a long time. A little rough around the edges but this fit the bill. Equipped with a 4.8L and 4x4, this truck should be a fun daily once its all said and done. There are some maintenance items that will probably come along. But the major planned mods are:
  1. Ditch the 2.5" lift.
  2. Drop it down on a 2/4" kit.
  3. Disk Brake Swap the rear using an OEM Axle.
  4. Update the brakes to resolve the long pedal.
  5. Swap out the 4Lshitty for a updated 6L80.
  6. Supercharge it.
  7. Build a custom dual mode exhaust with headers.
  8. HD hood and grill.
  9. Then address the paint if I can justify it. Like anything listed above is actually justifiable on a 15+ y/o truck....

Cicra 11/2021

Condo 2 car tandem garage....

The following 2 users liked this post by banks53:
1redta (09-10-2024), wretched73 (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 11:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,275 Likes on 972 Posts

Watching...

I see you are doing an LSA swap in the bio but didn't mention anything in your post about engine specifically. Are you going to swap in a 6.2 or a 6.0?
Old 01-21-2022, 11:55 AM
Teching In

So a lot has happened since Nov 2021.

Lift is gone.
Tires and wheels are gone.
Stock axle is gone.
I put together a pile of parts to get this going.

Quick Jacks are a blessing. 2 post would be nice but I don't have the ceiling height.

New 3.42 axle out of a '01. This will get a new cover, gasket, parking brake parts and disk brake adapters form CTSVBrakes.com.

k2xx 22" High Country wheels

Parts

More Parts

I like red brakes.

285/45/22 Terra Grappler G2
Old 01-21-2022, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shakenfake
Watching...

I see you are doing an LSA swap in the bio but didn't mention anything in your post about engine specifically. Are you going to swap in a 6.2 or a 6.0?
Yeah I didn't elaborate on that section yet as it's still a fluid mod. Plan is to keep the bottom end stock.... But it will get a LSA using ICT billet adapters and thier Alternator Relocation Kit. Along with a Innovators West 8 rib upgrade +10% OD Balancer. Likely get a OEM LS9 Cam, new lifters, upgraded push rods, rebuild rockers and valve spring upgrades. That all is assuming when I pull the heads off they are in re-usable shape.

Should be a nail driver 4.8LSA with mild manners and hoping for 550whp through a 6L80..
Old 01-21-2022, 12:23 PM
Teching In

I know I will get a lot of questions about the brakes.

Fronts is the GM Accessory 6 piston kit. Strait from GM. It bolts on. *Disclaimer* based on my research of swapping K2 and T1 calipers on a 800/900 truck. Some of the older 800/900 trucks had knuckle variance. Bolt pattern is the same but, they may need a washer to properly center the caliper to the rotor. In my case with the MaxTrax -2" Knuckles I didn't need to run one.

Front brakes installed. Rotors are massive 15.8"

Braided lines from Little Shop Mfg.

Big. will need 20" wheels minimum and that is still with a grain of salt.

Rears are C7 Non Z51 Calipers. The Z51 calipers wont fit apparently. I did not investigate. But I used 2018 K2xx rear rotors which worked well with the factory GMT800 axle park brake. I had a set of Braided Lines made up for any of the rubber lines on the truck. Little Shop Manufacturing hooked me up and was super helpful as it seems its a wash on whether these trucks have standard or metric brake parts. mine was different at both ends. Likely could have been due to a undocumented repair over the last 15 years.

Adapter brackets are from CTSVBrakeSwap.com. They aren't listed for the GMT800/900 but they work.

New Braided rear lines. CTSV Brake Swap Adapters mating C7 Base 4 Piston Brembo Calipers to a GMT800 Axle Swapped into a GMT900 with K2xx rotors. I did have to trim the dust. This truck is living up to its license plate. Twisting up a bunch of different parts from different cars/trucks into one truck.

Purdy...

Had to change out the outer fitting from standard to metric.

Last edited by banks53; 01-21-2022 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Default Rear Teardown

This truck suspension basically got gutted.
Rear axle swapped.
Rear flip kit.
New Hangers.

Only god knows how old this fluid is from this new to me 3.42 axle

Enhance. Bolts are temporary as ARP is slow to ship.

This was easier than I thought but also still pile of work.

Also, this is a picture that probably should have sent me to the quick stop for a lottery ticket. all 4 rear hanger bolts came out. were they stubborn, yes. But I did not have to cut them. 1 bottle of propane, 1 industrial size can of PB Blaster and 3 impact batteries later. they are out.

Bump stop removed for the flip kit.

China freight tools put in some work. Say what you will. They work.

OE Rear hanger gone

new invisible rear hanger installed

China Freight outlasted this.....

The following users liked this post:
shakenfake (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Default Front Teardown.

The front suspension came apart. So thats good. Issue was that it needed pretty much ever ball point replaced.

Stuck bolts require some "finesse"

The things you find on a 15 year old truck with multiple owners. Rather than do the correct NORCAL Truck fender mod they just started cutting. Sigh.... This will have to be remedied.

this is why you don't do lower spacers. shaft boot touches the shock and then you get a tare.

1st casually. ABS Sensor wouldn't come out on the Passenger side.

get a 15 y/o truck they said. They are cheap to fix.... while lying on your back eating a hearty amount of aged iron oxide...

I cant be mad. Axle bolt came off. and 4 hits later the knuckle was off.

of all the bolts to break. Lower shock mounts on the driver side were the only to give way.

here comes the drill

This was mildly uneventful. Upper nut was of course galled in place. the only way to twist it off was to hold the shock shaft which required some improvisation.

Axles out ready for rebuild. Thankfully they weren't dry.

Front stripped. Next up upper control arms. Lower ball joints and inner and outer tie rods.

This truck did have some undercoating done at some point. I have plans to do some rust conversion on the frame with VHT Rust Converter. I am skeptical but also in the why the hell not mode. Then hit the truck with another layer of undercoating.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Default Rear Assembly

Now the fun part begins. Installing new parts!!!

The 2/4" MaxTrax drop is actually adjustable so I set the new MaxTrax rear hanger to -4 as a start. Which will now have the axle flipped up on top as part of the flip kit. Initially I was very confused as the kit was labeled as a 7-9 drop and then it came with a 4-5 lift hanger. But it worked out well.

Pre Assembly of the rear shackle with plenty of anti seize

New Shackle and hanger installed. I set it up if I have to do some towing i can simply drop the lower bolt out and lift the rear of the truck up an inch for some help. But likely will do helper bags in the future.

Flip installed. New C7 Calipers installed CTSVBrakeSwap adapters Little Shop MFG lines. Opted to get new u-bolts from Dorman. The ones on the truck were to long to use.

Axle in its new home. Waiting on the 1330 conversion u-joint to show up.

this kit is really well made IMO.

we all know.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Default Front Assembly

For the fronts there was a bunch of new parts. I originally tried to just install the MaxTrax parts. That was a failure as the upper ball joints were bad. lowers weren't far behind and once those were getting replaced. it was value added to do the tie rods as well.

All together it got:
Inner and Outer tie rods
New upper control arms
New lower control arm ball joints
New MaxTrax -2" knuckles
New ABS Sensors
New Rotors
New to me 6 piston brembos
Plus new hydraulics in the shocks while reusing stock springs and mounts.

New shocks New upper control arms from Detroit Axle New outer CV Boots

New lower control arm ball joint from Detroit Axle

Here you can see the new knuckle and CV joint boot. Part of the process is cutting the holding feature of the upper ball joint off. otherwise it wont clear the CV. So that should be fun to disassemble in the future.

Little Shop braided lines. These guys were super helpful getting the information i needed to make this swap work.

Big brakes are the best brakes

Brembo FTW.
RedXray (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 797 Likes on 559 Posts

That is one hell of an opening thread. Nice work.
banks53 (01-21-2022)

Quick Reply: My 2007 SCSB Revival