PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My 2007 SCSB Revival

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 02:13 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,334 Likes on 794 Posts

lol on the "tin man" so true
The following users liked this post:
banks53 (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Longevity boost.

On top of all the new suspension and brake parts I opted to do some Rust Prevention.
VHT Rust Converter combined with Rustoleum rubberized undercoating.
Overall I was extremely skeptical. In the end I wish i would have take better before and after photos. The VHT Conversion actually looked amazing!

following 1st apply of VHT.

This photo is funny as i forgot to take photos of the install of the new bump stops. MaxTrax sends with a nylon bumper. I opted to install a set of OE Style foam Jounce bumpers. Just in case.

Rear needed 3-4 coats but it eventually leveled out to a flat black as well.

Then I spent two days and 12 cans of undercoating trying to best preserve this truck for a few more years from the inevitable cancer that plagues them. 13/15 years it spent in Southern Carolina and now I bring it to the rust belt.... to daily.... in the winter.... I know....

1st time on its new legs. Headlights have to go. LED Fog lights already installed.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bgbldodge
That is one hell of an opening thread. Nice work.
Thanks. Its a labor of love because in no way will this really improve its value.

Originally Posted by RedXray
lol on the "tin man" so true
every time
Old 01-21-2022, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Old black headlights are out. New Anzo Switchbacks are in. Better light out put by 100% along with the LED fogs. Plus they update the truck to a more 21st century look vs 20th century fast and the furious.

So far it looks great going down the road. Granted slow with what I assume is under 200whp. Ride is smooth considering its a 15 y/o lowered truck. I have some paint issues to address like the massively chipped up rockers from knobby tires and no mud flaps for god knows how many years and the swirls on the drivers door. But this is a solid start. I may just have it wrapped, not sure yet as the SRM is growing on me.

These lights wont cut it. 2001 Vin Diesel called and he wanted them back.

This will do much better. Anzo LED headlights

These are actually switch back but it wouldn't let me upload a video

sits right

hits right

That'll do.

I ran out of holiday break getting to this point over Christmas. Next mods will be to address the 4Lshitty but that wont be until mid-late summer when I can take the truck out of service and drive the vette
The following users liked this post:
wretched73 (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 563 Likes on 485 Posts

Did that 2007 have rear ABS?
Old 01-21-2022, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FFDP
Did that 2007 have rear ABS?
I do not believe so. which is really odd but the 800-900 years were just that odd.
Old 03-22-2022, 12:24 PM
Teching In

SO winter in Michigan is always a trip. This is when I miss my old K2xx Denali the most. No heated Seats. No heated Steering wheel. Time to rectify some of that.

Heated Steering wheel Upgrade. Love the center console vs the OEM Jump seat.

New Escalade Clock Spring. Had to rewire the airbag for some reason...

I wasn't about the wood grain on the escalade wheel. A Amazon cover will do. Its my first time doing this. actually wasn't bad.

mmm cross stitched leather.

new cover installed. wheel installed! Also made the wheel slightly larger. Which I enjoy. It did however reduce the heat feature slightly. But IMO this was a overall win.

MMM Heat

So this had to change

Enter BORA

+1.25" BORA Spacers. Ignore the rusty rotors. I assumed they were coated when I put them on and I was mistaken. I will address when the weather changes.

Better. Although I am feeling more of the road at the rear of the truck. I think this is due to the added leverage on the shock absorber...I need to investigate

Before and after

The Next Project. I have a leak around the rear window i need to fix. I figured I would upgrade. Ebay was a solid place to find this. Just have to watch the shipping.

Side note..... Woke up to an exhaust leak. Pass side bolt literally backed itself out and laid on the manifold... Needless to say this is Lucky it wasn't the dreaded popped head. But this also means I blew the gasket out... Will address once the headers go in this summer. Stabbed that sucker back in for the moment and checked the other 11.
Old 09-09-2024, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Default Equal Length Exhaust Build. PT1

Revival
Things have been a bit quiet but I have made a few more mods lately. Upgraded the stereo and all the speakers to Rockford Fosgate Units. No pictures of that process. But its nice to have good sound.
I did install a hidden subwoofer in the center console. This sucker hits for as small as it is. The single cab is perfect size for it.

Hideaway HS10 sub

had to cut the bottom of the junk hole out. I'll 3D print a new bottom to glue in later.

Also I finally started in on performance mod. 1-7/8 TSP Headers I scored on marketplace and building a fully custom 3" dual exhaust with dual valvetronic mufflers and attempting a equal length loop based on the Escalade V.
This should be fun.

Still no lift. Jack stands and ramps.

The goods.

TSP Headers getting V-bands as their y-pipe is no longer something you can order.

The "majik loop" adds length to the passenger side tube to give it that equal length sound. I know a lot of guys do this with a CTSV x-pipe. But being a 4x4, I couldn't do that.

First set of pipes done.

Fit up is really nice. Opted to do catted connections just because the truck is still on 93 and N/A so It wont stink in traffic.

More fitting

Prepping space for the "majik loop" Trying to decide how to get behind it cleanly.

Some 3d Printed fixtures to keep things in place while I weld on brackets.

This is satisfying

My first ever parallel x-pipe build. literally you-tubed this and winged it.

Looks like something you might se going under a exotic car... Meanwhile its going under a 18 year old truck.. Valvetronic Dual Mode Mufflers. I hope it sounds good.

And this is where we got to on the x-equalizer pipe

The satisfaction this caused was immeasurable. when the pipes fell into place it was amazing.

And a couple updated pics of the truck. Had it listed for sale but now I may keep it and get the blower put on.

Probably have 1000$ wrapped up into the hard parts, Marketplace finds over the past year. Another 100$ in argon so far. Very little tig wire used just due to getting those perfect fits I've pretty much fusion welded everything...

Hopefully I will have a startup video in a day or two. This has taken way longer than expected but it is turning out way nicer than expected.

Old 09-09-2024, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 379 Likes on 291 Posts

That is a very interesting exhaust setup. I've seen equal length done, but not like that. Interested to hear it.
Old 09-10-2024, 01:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested to see how the 6l90 swap works out for ya! been thinking of that route also.

Quick Reply: My 2007 SCSB Revival