PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My 2018 Sierra 6.2 exhaust and other mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 781 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by bangbangskeetskeet
I would love to get a set of Deavers for sure, but right now the funds just aren't there... 850$ for the 6" springs. I have Kings all the way around.... extended length remote resi coilovers up front, and piggy backs in the rear. Custom ordered them for the truck. After close to 60k miles they most likely need to be rebuilt.

I think building a set of traction bars will help the traction problems I am currently having. I honestly think a good set of leafs will help out also. Definitely going to be doing traction bars and save some coin for the Deavers.

I was honestly leaning away from leafs because I was looking into doing long travel, short course style links, a bed cage etc. but that has really been pushed so far out of mind and into the future that I really just want the truck to drive and perform well now.
Short course hell yeah!

That's my eventual goal I suppose but yeah so far away. I actually ordered my deavers one night and forgot that I had said yes on the phone and paid! 3 months later when they showed up I was super confused.

It took so long because a no lift pack is kinda rare unless you go spring under which I didn't want to do at the time.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Short course hell yeah!

That's my eventual goal I suppose but yeah so far away. I actually ordered my deavers one night and forgot that I had said yes on the phone and paid! 3 months later when they showed up I was super confused.

It took so long because a no lift pack is kinda rare unless you go spring under which I didn't want to do at the time.
I'd love to do a full out prerunner build on this thing. Still keep some of the comfort things like ac, stereo, etc on the interior but do a full cage, 4 buckets with harnesses, long travel up front with coil over and bypass, shock hoops and engine cage, possibly coil over and bypass in the rear with links and a bed cage so I can still have a tiny bit of usable bed space(enough for a suit case ) and a decent size fuel cell. But I'll need to win the lottery for that **** to happen any time soon.

I'm gonna start taking $100 or more if possible from each paycheck and make a leaf spring fund. lol
Old 03-31-2020, 08:53 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd love to do a full out prerunner build on this thing. Still keep some of the comfort things like ac, stereo, etc on the interior but do a full cage, 4 buckets with harnesses, long travel up front with coil over and bypass, shock hoops and engine cage, possibly coil over and bypass in the rear with links and a bed cage so I can still have a tiny bit of usable bed space(enough for a suit case ) and a decent size fuel cell. But I'll need to win the lottery for that **** to happen any time soon.

I'm gonna start taking $100 or more if possible from each paycheck and make a leaf spring fund. lol

Sell the kidneys, testies, first born child and house. Then drop truck off at Kibbetech. Or The Rust lab he did some good work on my RCSB and his shop truck at the time was sick as fuh! Super cool dude aswell.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Sell the kidneys, testies, first born child and house. Then drop truck off at Kibbetech. Or The Rust lab he did some good work on my RCSB and his shop truck at the time was sick as fuh! Super cool dude aswell.
I love the work that Ryan puts out at Kibbetech. Some of the best welds in the business and some badass trucks come out of his shop.

I assume you’re on IG... check out @ramseyackad definitely truck goals lol.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

I love the work that Ryan puts out at Kibbetech. Some of the best welds in the business and some badass trucks come out of his shop.

I assume you’re on IG... check out @ramseyackad definitely truck goals lol.
Oh yeah I know that truck! Makes me want to get a newer truck so bad!

Alright sorry for taking over the thread I don't even know what it was originally about.
The following users liked this post:
tjmath (04-01-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 08:05 PM
Launching!

Received 204 Likes on 104 Posts

Holy cow, there a lot of replies. Lol.
Once I can sit down and go through them I can help a little more.
The following users liked this post:
tjmath (04-14-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mileguru
FabAddict, are you in Bakersfield or further south? I live south of the Grapevine by the 405 and 101. I've been thinking about CalTracs bars, but would love to see yours and maybe commission a set if we live close to each other. I think we have the same truck, too. I have a 2017 Sierra Crew Cab SLT 6.2L short bed. Thanks, Ryan.
I live just North of Bakersfield in Delano
Old 04-15-2020, 12:07 AM
Launching!

6" blocks in the rear. Really would love to do a set of Deavers, but have other places I could spend the 1000$ right now.

What would you say is a good length? I have seen "universal" kits with 48", 60", and 72" bars. Add tabs for heim's to the lower spring perch mount or have mounts welded to the axle tube? I guess if I'm gonna weld them to the axle tube I may as well relocate the shocks too at the same time?
Those 6" blocks is what's hurting you. A truck without blocks gets axle wrap but with blocks it's adding leverage to the spring and makes it worse.
also I believe short bars are better and help reduce binding but longer bars look cool, especially on a lifted truck. Things that will affect binding is angle and if you use bushings or hiems. Hiems are good because they don't allow movement and really lock that axle into place but hiems are bad because they don't allow movement. Lol. It made me laugh when a guy told me that his traction bars where made to give him more load capacity for hauling. I told him no they don't, that's because it bound up so much it doesn't allow it to move. All of his tabs had messed up holes from the truck trying to flex and move but the bars not letting it.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FabAddict
I live just North of Bakersfield in Delano
Shoot, a little far. If you're ever heading down to the 101fwy/405fwy area and want to bring down some bars, I'd be happy to pay you!
Old 09-08-2020, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Had a little itch to do something so I hit up Diode Dynamics, B&M and Mighty Mouse Solutions.
Here's the first one because it was easy.

And what's coming

The following 2 users liked this post by FabAddict:
dantheman1540 (09-09-2020), tjmath (09-10-2020)

Quick Reply: My 2018 Sierra 6.2 exhaust and other mods