PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My C10 build.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My C10 build.

So im building a 62 C10 I pulled out of the woods. This is New York so you can imagine that most trucks of this age are pretty rotten. I got it for 200 bucks so I'm not complaining. I might be interested in another less rusted truck if the price is right so if you have one then let me know.

The idea of this truck is to look like its still rotting in the woods. I want people to complain about its experience and get shifty looks with I pull into car shows with it. The guy that parks his 911 Carrara at the other end of the parking lot should try and fight me after he finds my truck parked next to his car.

Brought it back to the shop and let it sit for about 4 months since I had other projects going on. Now its winter and the work begins. Pulled the body off the frame and scrapped the frame. (well i haven't yet but it will be within the next few weeks so If you want it pipe up)

I built a frame rack so I could move everything around easier. I have a few different projects going on at once and only one lift so i wanted to be able to roll it without messing with anything.

Started with the doors since that's what metal showed up first. I took out all the glass and the mechanical for the door. cleaned those up so i think ill reuse them. I cut out all the rust and painted the inside of whats left with rust encapsulator.

Now's where the fun begins. Parts started showing up from a good friend of mine. He parts out C5 Corvettes and i got him to ship me out pretty much everything from the C5 suspension. This should work pretty well.

So I still had to address the floor issues, Since about 80% of the floor is gone. The other issue is the only thing holding it up in the front is the firewall. The fire wall has to be cut out to accept the engine/trans choice ive made(more on that after were done with the cab) I decided to just drill the spot welds and pull the floor. That should make it easier to do all the support pieces ect.

well that's about it for now. I get about 5 hours every night after work to kick around in the shop so ill update as the time progresses. If you have instagram follow me @maximiliankimlin where I post stuff while i me working. You can check out a few of my other projects to.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very Impressive!!! Great to see some pre 67 tin get some lovin.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1969x11
Very Impressive!!! Great to see some pre 67 tin get some lovin.
Its pure hate haha

I got a few more hours to work on this thing. I figured i would get the floor done before my girlfriend started getting pissed i'm spending more time with it then her. One side came out great and the other came out OK. The is really the first time I've done sheet metal work so I'm learning from one side to the other.

This is just a picture to give you a little idea of how much rust is on this truck! even the pre-made patch panels aren't enough to fix it!

One side all done, Obviously Im going to grind down the welds when im done so its smoother. I'm just going to wait until most of the fab work is done.

That's that for now. Ill have some more time tonight to jump in. I'm trying to get the floor in tonight.

Last edited by voodoogtx; 12-18-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Some more pictures of the progress. Parts are starting to show up! I also bought another truck so i could steal the bed and some body pieces. Its a Long bed step side, im going to have to modify it so that its a short bed since my frame has a 115" wheels base.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man its great to be able to see something other than a 99 and up truck... sick!!