PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My family's Chevy Suburban

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just little comment, my subs hit freaking hard! I wasnt planning on some thing that intense but I love it and got a sweet deal.

CTTAndy depending on final price and how my paychecks line up with when you sell them I would be interested in your exhaust components. Question on the headers tho, did you have to lift the engine to fit them in?
Old 05-27-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BurntBurb
Just little comment, my subs hit freaking hard! I wasnt planning on some thing that intense but I love it and got a sweet deal.

CTTAndy depending on final price and how my paychecks line up with when you sell them I would be interested in your exhaust components. Question on the headers tho, did you have to lift the engine to fit them in?
Not at all. Super easy install.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Yeah man hit me up when you do.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

The Y-pipe is on the ground, the headers are still on the truck.

$50 for the Y and $50 for the headers. You pay shipping

The Y is going to need a BIG box
Old 05-28-2012, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

How much does it help power?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BurntBurb
How much does it help power?
Can't really say as I did everything at once. Everything all together with the timing bumped 5 degrees over base, really woke the sleeping motor up. It felt way stronger then my stock identical pickup. Sounded pretty healthy out the exhaust as well.

Granted this isn't like some high hp built engine, but it made a noticeable difference.

It also brought the mileage up to around 24 MPG in my 4x4. I got one tank of 27MPG before the EGR took a massive dump. No telling how lean the motor was running during that time.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cttandy
Can't really say as I did everything at once. Everything all together with the timing bumped 5 degrees over base, really woke the sleeping motor up. It felt way stronger then my stock identical pickup. Sounded pretty healthy out the exhaust as well.

Granted this isn't like some high hp built engine, but it made a noticeable difference.

It also brought the mileage up to around 24 MPG in my 4x4. I got one tank of 27MPG before the EGR took a massive dump. No telling how lean the motor was running during that time.
Thats cool man, I hate to flake on you but with gas prices shooting up I gotta sell my '04 Sentra and buy a cheap gas sipper, so all mods are on hold with the 'burb' untill I get that all sorted out.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

I just got me a gas sipper for $800, I need some new steelies and tires, and I can put the fuse for the 4wd back in.

Name:  d7e75cb9.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  129.9 KB
Old 06-18-2012, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Okay finally here is the pics my friend took at the same photo shoot. Oh and thats me in the picture. One proud Suburban owner. Today I had to replace the wiper motor, while getting one at the Pick-n-Pull I got new wiper arms, a new rear fan controler, and an awesome 80s suburban emblem that I will be installing on my tool box to add to the collection. I was hopeing to find a gem of a cowl hood but no dice. I will keep looking tho

Name:  DSC_0044m.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  396.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0041m.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  375.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0032m-1.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  387.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0023m-1.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  288.2 KB
Old 10-09-2012, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

Ok very small update, the Suburban has been running good. Next oil change will also be getting a full fuel system cleaning. But I had a little tribute, and birthday gift to my father. There is a Gig 'em thumb for Texas A&M on the back of the Suburban. It has been there for as long as I can remember, it was cracking and sun faded to a bleach white you can see it in a lot of my previous photos. Now I have been searching for the same replacement sticker for a long while. The problem being they no longer use the thumb logo. Now I decided my best option was to get them custom made from a vinyl shop. Thanks to TX Tahoe Z71 finding me the digital graphic that was an exact match to the original sticker. The sticker shop did a great job making the 2 layer sticker and I couldn't be happier. My father loved them and I was extatic to stick them to his brand spanking new CCSB. Again I would just like to thank my dad for being so awesome.

Name:  image-1.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  image-2.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  131.5 KB

Name:  image-3.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  96.2 KB

Quick Reply: My family's Chevy Suburban