PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My large frame front mount project with two videos

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
3900lbs isn't heavy IMO. I'm sure he could get the weight out of a diesel, but not that much...wouldn't want to twist the frame.
Different strokes for different folks as the old saying goes. If I wanted to I could make my truck run high 11s fairly easily and still be able to carry 5 people in comfort and tow 20K all while getting over 20mpg on the highway. Show me a gasser that can do that Diesels IMO are much mroe versatile they're just expensive as hell
Old 03-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Different strokes for different folks as the old saying goes. If I wanted to I could make my truck run high 11s fairly easily and still be able to carry 5 people in comfort and tow 20K all while getting over 20mpg on the highway. Show me a gasser that can do that Diesels IMO are much mroe versatile they're just expensive as hell
Money, meet Mouth. Mouth, meet Money.

You could certainly do all three of those things, in fact, easily could do any 2 of them. Not convinced you can do all three on the same tune with the same setup **** my diesel couldn't even do the 20 mpg lol (then again, it is *me* talking here... OF COURSE I didn't leave the turbo settings alone lol).
Old 03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Money, meet Mouth. Mouth, meet Money.

You could certainly do all three of those things, in fact, easily could do any 2 of them. Not convinced you can do all three on the same tune with the same setup **** my diesel couldn't even do the 20 mpg lol (then again, it is *me* talking here... OF COURSE I didn't leave the turbo settings alone lol).
I dont have the money right now because Im doubling up on payments to get this bitch paid off quick then there will be some mods. Modding the hell out of a truck that you are paying interest on just doesnt make good financial sense IMO

There are plenty of examples on dieselplace just go look. And it can all be done on the same tune. When towing with a hot race tune you control EGTs by your right foot, and if youre running a twin setup, its even less of a concern.

There is a guy by the name of IdahoRob on there running a built trans, lift pump, exhaust and MPI twins and clicks off 11.7 passes, gets over 20mpg, and although he doesnt tow much there are a couple guys running his tune that tow with it

Im not going to take mine that radical sense Im in the process of also saving for a house but I will throw a built trans and a nice lift on it, which should net me mid/high 12s, high teens mileage wise running 35s and still retain all my towing ability. Ill be happy with that
Old 03-18-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
The oil cooler bypass installed, and the turbo oil supply tapped after the cooler....
Wait, with that bypass in and the turbo feed after the cooler wont the oil not flow to the turbo until its warm?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:30 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989k1500
Wait, with that bypass in and the turbo feed after the cooler wont the oil not flow to the turbo until its warm?
No, the bypass is not controlled by temp only pressure differential. The turbo will have oil before everything else...

AND,

I love diesel owners......
Old 03-18-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

AND,

I love diesel owners......
I knew you would
Old 03-18-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lmao.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Stoichiometric
Lmao.
That's it? That's all your going to say?

On a side note.. I got my air filter today, I'm still fighting the oil drain fitting, and I hope to pick up the fittings required tomorrow. I also am fabing up the mount for the coolant res and heat shield for the res.. I'll post up pictures tomorrow. Then hopefully I'll get to fire it up...
Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 PM
GFYS and STFU

That's it? That's all your going to say?
SHHHHHhhhhhhhhh....
Go to bed already.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:53 AM

Well I cant stay up much longer tonight.... I got a bit more done tonight, and........ I ACTUALLY STARTED THE THE THING UP!!! I still need a section of coolant hose, so the run time was pretty short. I just checked the oil flow from the turbo and a quick check for leaks. One thing is for sure, a Dodge diesel muffler has never sounded so good...

Coolant res mounting...

Tank mounted, Meth tank in position (wiper tank on passenger side), Air filter on, and a buch of other little crap done....

The list is now...
Finish mounting the meth tank/pump, plum it in and run the wires.
Finish the heater hose install
Fill coolant system
Finish wiring EBP, Alkycontroler, cutout.
Reinstall driver seat....

Quick Reply: My large frame front mount project with two videos