PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My large frame front mount project with two videos

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

So Dusty, how are you liking the turbo? Mine should be here any day
Old 05-21-2009, 02:44 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love it, *** spending a billion dollars on a turbo... Max back pressure so far is 16psi. I've turn the boost up to 175kpa, and the meth is on... The turbo seams to like running the meth... seams to spool faster..... I also got to go for a ride as a passenger... It seams to pull almost 2.3 times harder from that vantage point...

I have a few things I need to finish up. I'm in the middle of building my crank case catch cans. I started my drive line hoops, and got the plans for the front limiters.

A NEW video is in the works... Will be up in a week or so... might even have some dyno numbers to share....

So basically... you'll love the turbo... lol

Last edited by Wilde Racing; 05-25-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 AM

Pictures of my new engine breathers/super custom catch cans and el-cheap-o heat shield......

I had to modify the lower fender support so the rad surge tank would fit.... Spoolin....

Old 05-25-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks good Dusty, I can't wait till the rest of the parts get here so I can get mine on and start fabing up all the crap to make it fit,

Did you just straiten the stock AC line to fit around the turbo like that, or did you have a new one made? My pass side of the engine bay has filled up fast with all the intercooler stuff for the blower and now this monster turbo, lol.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:48 AM

I just bent it over. I used a number of different tools to "assist" in the bending to try and not break it. I would bend it and let is sit for a day or two, then bend it more... lol I wore safety glasses every time, didn't want to freeze an eye ball.....lol

ANYWAY.....

BEFORE

AFTER
Old 05-25-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dusty can you isolate the filter.I have my whipple setup just like that with open filter and its not uncommon for me to see iat's in the 110's to 120 at wot.I know your setup probably damn near depletes the ozone at wot so it would be somthin to look at.
Btw: Thanks for the detailed write up can't wait to catch you at the track and check it out.

Duane
Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 PM

I need to do something. I'm in the middle of building a turbo silencer ring, it isnt too bad but I have a 1,000 mile road trip planed for the whole family and I think we are all going to get tired of listening to the turbo attempt to suck up the asphalt. AND my IAT's do climb while not moving but it drop like a rock once the truck start moving again. I'd like to build a box for the air filter, or better yet hack up a stocker....
Old 05-25-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's exactly what mine does but almost evry time I go wot they climb incredibley fast.Mind you I still run a maf iat sensor before the blower.I know need to switch but the problem is I need to do a lot more cause I am actully out of maf at 5500 & blowing the heads off.So here I am wondering do I try to take the truck further or back it down and be happy.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:11 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing

I had to modify the lower fender support so the rad surge tank would fit.... Spoolin....

Thank you...but unfortunetely I'm still an idiot!

Missed you at the gtg! I had a chance to talk with Justin for a while and for the reason I stated above I didn't learn a damn thing about tuning...
Old 05-25-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

That's looking really good.

Quick Reply: My large frame front mount project with two videos