PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My lifted 00 silverado Lq9 swap and turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShredSled
What is your pcv set-up? Catch cans?
Well I just had the factory setup tell I did some research I guess the new question is what is the best way to setup a catch can and I don't know if this matters but the driver side valve cover has a internal pcv valve in the valve cover that seas is not serviceable is that ok to leave or do i need to buy a new valve cover without one?
Old 12-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by zaathur151
Well I just had the factory setup tell I did some research I guess the new question is what is the best way to setup a catch can and I don't know if this matters but the driver side valve cover has a internal pcv valve in the valve cover that seas is not serviceable is that ok to leave or do i need to buy a new valve cover without one?
There are several ways people will recommend for pcv evacuation. The quickest and easiest way for now is to drill out the pcv restrictor on the drivers valve cover and put breathers on the valve covers, then cap the ports on the intake. I ran like that for a long time. That being said, I now have the monster rx catch can, and love it. With the pcv hose still hooked from the passenger valve cover to the TB, you are now boosting the crankcase. Have fun, the horsepower is an addiction!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Good deal I did that setup for now with dual hoses and breathers just trying to keep the oil smell out of the cab so my girl friend will ride with me lol
Old 12-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Lol I had the same oil smell and eventually they make a mess of your engine bay. I went with the monster can with the dual check valves. I like it because it keeps the crankcase in a vacuum like factory, in and out of boost. Zero smell and I just drain it about every 500 miles.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

What would be the cheapest dual port catch can?
Old 12-23-2014, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably cheapest is getting 2 ebay aluminum catch cans and add 2 check valves. Those RX ones are pricey, maybe a bit overpriced IMO, but seems to be a hassle free set-up.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

What about elite engineering I noticed they have dual ports?
Old 12-23-2014, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Alright here Is my problem Im over boosting I have a 6psi red spring in my precision wastegate that came with the kit and its spiking up to 13psi there is straight vacuum to the side port of the wastegate and the top port goes to my AEM boost controller even with the controller off it still overboost any ides?
Old 12-23-2014, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zaathur151
Alright here Is my problem Im over boosting I have a 6psi red spring in my precision wastegate that came with the kit and its spiking up to 13psi there is straight vacuum to the side port of the wastegate and the top port goes to my AEM boost controller even with the controller off it still overboost any ides?

Where did you put your wastegate, down on the crossover under the truck between the banks, or is it near the turbo after passenger side log?
Old 12-23-2014, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Where did you put your wastegate, down on the crossover under the truck between the banks, or is it near the turbo after passenger side log?
It's right on the manifold about 3" from the turbo on there trick turbo manifold I even removed the top vacuum line that goes to boost controller and just used spring pressure still no luck

Quick Reply: My lifted 00 silverado Lq9 swap and turbo build