PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My "mild" street build

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually i unbolted the tranny from the cross member and lifted it as high as i could to give it a bit of a angle for the enine to slide out better. But i'm not gonna lie it was kind of hard when i first started to pull on the engine to slide the convertor forward and i did have to put a pry bar to seperate the tranny from the block? Exactly what pump are you talking about? And also what thread do i look at?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Ok so I haven't posted in a while. Anyays I pretty much put the engine together since I had just about everything. I put the sdpc stage 2 heads, along with my cam, timing set, cover, lifters, valley cover, etc. Only thing I have yet to install is my fast intake along with the throttle body. I'm undecided but was wanting to throw on some fuel rails and 36 lb. injectors.

About my tranny throwing the bb's earlier on the build I went ahead and replaced my stock convertor with a tbss convertor "FOR NOW". But then it came to mind that i was already spending so much money on the engine that i might as well just build the tranny to have that peace in mind that I went thru it to further investigate this weird bb problem. So I ordered a Monster transmission super sport kit to build my own tranny.

I haven't looked into a upgraded drive shaft, but will be doing so very soon. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Heres some current pics.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Ls6 valley cover.

2nd pic shows why i will be needing to replace my drive shaft soon.
Attached Thumbnails My "mild" street build-download_pic0113.jpg   My "mild" street build-shaft.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Launching!

ASP pulleys are tough as ****! lol I was putting a rubber hammer to it to help press it on.

And for those who notice the bed being red and sanded down, I had to swap it with my old one. I got hit a while back and it was gonna be too much of a pain to fix, anyways the other bed had some bad rail damage.
Attached Thumbnails My "mild" street build-download_100media_imag0085.jpg   My "mild" street build-download_100media_imag0086.jpg   My "mild" street build-download_100media_imag0088.jpg  
Old 07-08-2011, 02:53 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good, and nice truck. Strip the molding off of it though!
The pump that AK was talking about is the oil pump in the tranny. It's really really sensitive to the converter being taken in and out.

Last edited by Spoolin; 07-08-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:48 AM
TECH Regular

Just my opinion but you might wanna look bigger on the injectors I think you'll max out those with this setup n nitrous and also you should look into a 2 piece shaft out of the 04-07 classic ecsb mines been up to 140 many times and haven't had any issues.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sinistersilverado
By the way how do you like that convertor? just noticed you have one!
I liked it. Bought another one for my other truck that Im putting together.

Originally Posted by Jamedee
Just my opinion but you might wanna look bigger on the injectors I think you'll max out those with this setup n nitrous
The nitrous wont matter unless he does a dry kit.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Launching!

thanks for the compliments.

As for the drive shaft i have a 2 piece already which is the wore out one. Just thought maybe there would be something out there a little better.

My nitrous kit is a wet system. I have the bottle along with many accessories already. Only piece of the puzzle missing is my 102 plate which should be getting ordered sometime next week.

I have read up on some timing boxes to see if their worth installing. from what I have been told by my tuner he can just set up my tow haul button for my nitrous tune so i dont have to go thru much trouble. Any one ever done something silimiar to this?