PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My new powerplant (408 with a healthy direct port shot)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:26 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jakebdb56
It's just like how a fbody is. The coolant line doesn't flex much because of its location relative to the axis the motor rotates under load. Looks much better than the massive snake-like stock hose.

Did not know that!! Very cool!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks guys, its a work in progress...it'll never be done, just improved. BigTex, yea, the bed rug was the answer. So easy and clean. It covers the dents, holes and scrapes well. It was just yesterday I remembered hauling my snowmobile in the bed of this truck thinking, "man, this thing is tearing up my tuck...maybe I should Line-X it."

Originally Posted by Spoolin
...Curious about the coolant hose. Making it metal will look nice and will surely help radiate heat out of it but it's not gonna be one solid piece is it? That hose will need some room to flex along with the engine as she rocks back and forth on the mounts when under load. Just a thought!

Originally Posted by jakebdb56
It's just like how a fbody is. The coolant line doesn't flex much because of its location relative to the axis the motor rotates under load. Looks much better than the massive snake-like stock hose.
Yea, he has it. There isn't much flex at all. Anyway, the entire piece will not be metal, the very ends will be a rubber coupling allowing for some flex. I just feel that will look even better than what I did here. Anything is better than that stock truck hose when you do a "car style" water pump.

I will most likely do this when I make the CAI a one piece pipe as well. I want to eliminate the center silicone coupling and T-bar clamps. It will just look cleaner and less chance of leaks. I need to pick up more of the powder for powdercoating...I am runing out.

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
Where did you exit the purge at? Which injectors are you running again? I forgot.
Purge is just inside of the headlight and grill. You need to be looking for it to notice. I will be relocating this as well in the future to just under the antenna. I am running the FAST 36# injectors. At the FP I am running they flow 41#'s. A 50 dry shot will put me in the 90's for IDC with propper fueling and high RPM's, 75 will most likely be the limit unless I swap out to the Ford SVO green tops I have in my toolbox.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure you have a handle on it, but yeah I recommend upping the injectors then. Again, great job on the install man!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Sandog
Are there pics of the outside of your truck, Kev?
Yea, but it isn't anything that really turns heads. I have plans on sprucing up the front end and dropping it just a tad. Here are a few old ones:

And Drag Radials at the track:

Old 07-07-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks very clean , for all the stuff that is actually in the bay it doesent look like there is. im having issues trying to clutter free the environment in my bay . its a bitch and im running into issues everywhere.

congrats on seeing the light , when can we expect the first attaboy pass?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice....a 2/3 or 2/4 drop would make it perfect though.