PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My (re)build thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you'd stop putting money into the work truck you'll get closer lol

pleasure meeting you man. hope work doesnt keep you away from the truck too much.
Good Luck with the build man!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Hahaha, the work truck is just so damn fun to play with other than the gutless 2.2L I forgot how much fun the little S trucks were. It was good to meet you too bro, I hope your trip went well

I've been getting mixed feedback on which converter to use, the current one, the current one restalled or the new one I just picked up..... Decisions...
Old 12-30-2008, 03:37 PM

come on, come on! get to work, show us some pictures! lol
ever got those seats man?
Old 01-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Haven't touched it!!!

Rex has the new crankshaft as of a day or two ago and I should be either right before or right usabodyguards LSX build...so it will only be a couple more weeks

Either way, there's light in the end of the tunnel...

I haven't been able to get the seats yet, I haven't taken a day off work in a long while. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to make a flying trip and pick them up... The carpet won't be a big deal either, I would like to get the seats first and kinda choose the carpet based on them anyway...

I might pull the rear apart this next week and throw that tru-track in there...
Old 01-04-2009, 11:41 PM

That's what I like to hear
I wanna put headers on the CC but white1 is having a lot of problems with the o2s just like my old truck. Plus I'm thinking about throwing a better motor in my work truck bc its slow an its paid for so why not.

I've also been thinking about a turbo for low psi like you hmmmm the world will never know
Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

If you're serious about that turbo hit me up, I've been doing a little homework lately
Old 01-05-2009, 03:17 AM

So did you ever decide to upgrade the turbo or not? Did you leave the blowoff (I think that's what its called) in your exhaust or is it dumping out into the air to be louder?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Ill be upgrading it eventually, ill have it maxed on this motor by the time it sees 14psi or so. in order to bring the IATs back down and have an EFFICIENT 14 or so psi, ill need the bigger unit.

I have the Wastegate dumped into the downpipe. It is still plenty loud though lol, with the cutout open right behind the WG dump it sounds like a freaking jet... I've considered turning it around but ill probably leave it. The setup is sane sounding like it is, the most ill do is get rid of the mufflers and dump it behind the axle instead of in front. Right now I've got 2 mufflers on it, and I believe its restricting me a lot. 4" straight pipe all the way back would be ideal but nobody on earth wants to do 4" pipe...
Old 01-05-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

You don't want 4" strait pipe out the back. Go ask Quik how STUPID loud his 4.8 is with nothing but 4" pipe from the turbo to just in front of the pass wheel,
Old 01-05-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I have the Wastegate dumped into the downpipe. It is still plenty loud though lol, with the cutout open right behind the WG dump it sounds like a freaking jet... I've considered turning it around but ill probably leave it. The setup is sane sounding like it is, the most ill do is get rid of the mufflers and dump it behind the axle instead of in front. Right now I've got 2 mufflers on it, and I believe its restricting me a lot. 4" straight pipe all the way back would be ideal but nobody on earth wants to do 4" pipe...
Originally Posted by kbracing96
You don't want 4" strait pipe out the back. Go ask Quik how STUPID loud his 4.8 is with nothing but 4" pipe from the turbo to just in front of the pass wheel,
i want vids! lol i wanna know what my truck is gonna sound like!

Quick Reply: My (re)build thread