PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

NBS Auto floor shifter install (and fun with fiberglass)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about getting a B&M shifter for my truck also. You did a really good job with it and it looks really nice. Can you get pics of what you did with the column shifter and what it looks like if you could. Again, heck of a job with the cover. The cover that comes with it I would have to agree it looks cheap. With a company as well known as B&M I would think they'd do alittle better with the look of things aleast.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:39 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Cool little project, nice write up too
Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04BlackRST
I'm thinking about getting a B&M shifter for my truck also. You did a really good job with it and it looks really nice. Can you get pics of what you did with the column shifter and what it looks like if you could.

This is the only other photo I have. The reason I didn't go into alot of detail on the column is that it's one of those things where you should rely on the manual more than anything else. Once you dig around in there you'll figure out what needs to go. Just make sure you have both types of torx and some patience. The device I'm pointing at on page 1 is where the shift lever attaches to. You won't be needing that.

Some of the guys here go with the "truck megashifter" and from what I've seen it's a straightforward install. 04silveradomykk has a write-up here somewhere, or maybe over at LS1truck.

05-up trucks may or may not be different, or alot more difficult, I don't know. Haven't seen anyone try it yet