PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

not a truck but it is a truck motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:16 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I don't see any floor mats yet so at least he's learned that lesson!!

Looks incredible Jim!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:37 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just did our first test with the phased injection. it seems to be working.

the set up is 4 injectors on the elbow running on pump gas for our daily driving and then 10 injectors for when we are under boost. thinking very high hp but putting around on pump gas 99% of the time. 800+rwhp always right there when you need it

just sitting here in the garage i was able to fade off the 4 primary injectors and fade in the 10 secondary injectors. at first the 10 were completely off and the 4 did all of the fueling and by 4000rpm the 4 were off and the 10 were doing all of the fueling.

with just free reving it the transition is a little harsh. the 10 secondary injectors wont fire at low ve numbers. they dont even try to fire till the pw is over 1ms. i figure we wont be using these unless we are up around 4psi and be fully faded to them by 7psi and at those airflows i dont think there will be much if any hickup when they fade over.

dyno on monday if all goes well.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Sound like its gonna work nicely!! Looking forward to the resultss
Old 04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that is an awesome ride, looking forward to the dyno numbers. Love the beer, i mean drink holder
Old 04-17-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Awesome build guys! Any updates?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:19 AM
single digit dreamer

haven't been getting a lot done lately but things are coming along. had to work threw a few problems.

the 4 injectors in the elbow didn't work well. we were getting lean farts and big back fires at the same time. a/f ratio was all over the place. you can see where we put a plastic cover over one of the tb holes so we could look in there. we tried a few things but it wasn't working well.

after that we decided to just do 2 full sets of injectors on the intake. we did most of the work ourselves and it turned out nice. had to get a little help finish welding the bungs. also had to do a little wiring to the squirt to support 16+ injectors.

we had a mishap that could have been ugly. when putting the squirt together one of the components on the board got pushed over and caused a malfunction. the 8 primary injectors were permanently grounded. that means any time the key was turned on the pump would prime and power would go to the hot side of the injectors and fuel would just flow into the engine. all we knew was we couldn't build any fuel pressure so we turned it on and off something like 20 times. after we figured out the pumps were pumping and the fuel was going somewhere we kind of got freaked out. where did all of that fuel go? oh ****....

we pulled one plug and fuel poured out like a garden hose, and it kept pouring out for awhile. soo, next we found the squirt problem and fixed it, pulled all the plugs, drained the gas out of the cylinders, changed the oil and the plugs. fired it up and retuned for 8 primary injectors.

now it fires right up, idles smooth and quiet revs nice and clean. a/f ratio is steady, tuning is easy. WE ARE NOW READY TO HIT UP THE DYNO(or street if we were all legal)!! woohoo!

it is starting to look kinda busy under the hood but i think it still looks good.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Instant hardon
Old 04-25-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 looks awesome
Old 04-25-2009, 12:15 PM
How do I change this text

That is looking WAY good dude!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

First off I want to say YOU ARE A PIONEER.Actually most the guys on this board are big props to everyone.Im sorry its been asked or answered but what gives with the elaborate injection system.I know you don't have an intercooler but isn't there a cheaper way.

Quick Reply: not a truck but it is a truck motor