PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

not a truck but it is a truck motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all that work and only 500? seems low with all of those parts on top of the intake and hoses and what have you... meh, nice project though, lots of things to look at if you were to pop the hood...
Old 06-14-2009, 05:34 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 496chevy
all that work and only 500? seems low with all of those parts on top of the intake and hoses and what have you... meh, nice project though, lots of things to look at if you were to pop the hood...
yeah, your right. we did a lot of work for only 500hp. we failed...
Old 06-15-2009, 04:07 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
You tell him Jim!!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:45 AM
h22
Teching In

hey, its not how much HP you make, its how much money you spend right?

so seriously, how much HP do you think you will get out of that wicked set-up, providing the engine holds out?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dynos dont mean much...
just look at the curve
Old 06-15-2009, 04:47 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by h22
hey, its not how much HP you make, its how much money you spend right?

so seriously, how much HP do you think you will get out of that wicked set-up, providing the engine holds out?
not sure. once we get the rest of the car figured out we will be turning it up till it blows. i am guessing 700+ on that stingy mustang dyno. hp isnt our goal this year or anytime soon. geting the car to go down the track safely is.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:05 PM
h22
Teching In

not sure. once we get the rest of the car figured out we will be turning it up till it blows. i am guessing 700+ on that stingy mustang dyno. hp isnt our goal this year or anytime soon. geting the car to go down the track safely is.
That sounds more like it! I'm sure there is more there with a built motor & such.
Couple of quick questions if you have a sec.
1. How is the MS ( micro or MS2, cant remember....) holding up for the trans control?
2. How is your truck holding up ( the late model featured at DIYautotune) ?

I ask because the truck you built is the basis for a project i am just starting, I have the trans and engine, just picked up a crank..... I have a long way to go but I am curious how that thing has held up over the years with that kind of power under the hood.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by h22
That sounds more like it! I'm sure there is more there with a built motor & such.
Couple of quick questions if you have a sec.
1. How is the MS ( micro or MS2, cant remember....) holding up for the trans control?
2. How is your truck holding up ( the late model featured at DIYautotune) ?

I ask because the truck you built is the basis for a project i am just starting, I have the trans and engine, just picked up a crank..... I have a long way to go but I am curious how that thing has held up over the years with that kind of power under the hood.
we haven't really tested the microsquirt with the tranny other than on the dyno. seems to be working but till we get it on the road and going down the track i can't really say how well it works.

truck went to mexico and is being raced on the street. i have talked to the guy a few times and it sounds like it has been holding up well. he is steping up to a lsx block and 6 bolt heads.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:32 PM
single digit dreamer

the ******* car is alive!! we more or less got that duel fuel figured out and it is working great.

it could just be that i haven't been in a fast car in awhile but this car puts you back in the seat hard. we dont expect to be pulling a killer 60' for awile but i bet we still get a decent ET first time out.

we drove around for 4 hours last night. no issues other than working thru the duel fuel issue. once we figured out what we were doing wrong with the duel fuel it was easy to tune. we can get 3000rpm brake stalling it. boost builds quickly. shifting at 6200rpm and it feels like we are shifting too soon . the transition to the race gas is pretty smooth but needs a little dyno time to get it just right. the car seems to be geting good traction with 255 drag radials.

the car is way more drivable than any of us thought it would be. drag week shouldn't be an issue but you never know what might break on ya. it was our goal to get the thing running and legal to run 10.0 then get to the track. i dont think it will be too many trips before we are looking into getting all the stuff to be legal for quicker than 10.0

after many 1-2 runs we checked the race gas tank it it was still pretty much full. we are going to put some meth in the 2nd tank and take it to the track on friday. we are going to drive it there
Old 07-12-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet! Congrats Jim Any chance of a video

Quick Reply: not a truck but it is a truck motor