PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

not a truck but it is a truck motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoichiometric
That is a cool project, what interests me is the different tuning you are getting into. Can you give a brief description of how you control the 4 injectors for cruise and what you are able to set up to bring in the methanol based on MAP or lbs/min? Do you use an additional program for scanning and logging or is it all done through megasquirt?
i am excited about this part of the project too. it would apear to be really simple but untill we have it running i can't say for sure.

the squirt has 2 injector drivers. you can control them all together on one ve map, you can control them seperately with 2 ve maps, you can jump from one ve map to the other when you spray. lost of options with the 2 drivers and the 2 ve maps.

it appers to be as simple as running the pump gas on one ve and the meth on another ve map. for those not familure with a ve map it is just a way to control fuel. it have manifold presure on one axis and rpm on the other with a ve number out in the middle. the ve number controls the amount of fuel that is added.

we will have the meth ve map(driver/injectors) set to 0 on the ve table untill we want them to start working. i would say anything under 120kpa, thats something like 3psi. the pump gas ve map(driver/injectors) will do all of the fueling up to that point and then fade to 0 as the map goes up and at the same time the meth map with go form 0 ve an rise quickly to take over the fueling needs. we have bench tested it and it works there. we are a little worried about how much current one driver can handle. running 8 low z injectors or even more than that eventualy may burn up the squirt but that is part of what we want to test. if it does draw too much we can add current capasity but really want to try and stock squirt/emspro first.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
wat cool jim. what happened to the other project?

this one is way cooler

if your talking about the fairmont it is still around. we are going to the track with it in a couple of weeks. waiting/hopeing to get on pinks with it.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

does anyone else find it ironic that Jim is building up a nova wagon which is the same vehicle that what's his face got disqualified in the first drag week against the blue truck?

For some reason I think this one will be faster and cheaper
Old 03-03-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350SS
does anyone else find it ironic that Jim is building up a nova wagon which is the same vehicle that what's his face got disqualified in the first drag week against the blue truck?

For some reason I think this one will be faster and cheaper
LOL! I was thinking the same thing. It was bad ***. 8 sec car from what I remember.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pinks and the Wagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:26 PM
single digit dreamer

we got a lot done this weekend. intake pipes, oil feed lines, drain lines, coil mounts, plug wires, got the t measured up, got some race mufflers ordered. still a lot to do but it is nice to see things moving along.

i think it is looking tuff.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

looks great!

Is that 2 throttle bodies? What are they going into?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

That looks VERY NICE !!!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

hey I've got a question . . . why have the intakes on the turbos right in-front of the radiator, vs out to the sides like your old truck setup?

Was there not enough space ?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:02 PM
single digit dreamer

there is going to be a double elbow or a T fitting going into the intake. it will also have 4 injectors plumbed into it.

we are going for the cleanest and meanest look we can get and faceing the inlets inward is just how it worked out. we are going to try leting hot air hit the filters and down the road maybe build a box around them to the hood and put a hole in the hood. since we are using meth as our fuel i dont think a little extra heat will hurt us but it might.

it looks more done than it is. it could be running in a month or two but we will still need a tranny, tranny controler, converter and driveshaft at that point and dont have a ton of money to throw at it. that part of the project is going to be expensive i think.

Quick Reply: not a truck but it is a truck motor