PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

OBS 97 Z71 05 5.3 and Radix Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not do longtubes an x-pipe and some corsa mufflers
Old 02-08-2010, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by exodus

For what it is worth...I see a lot of views, but hardly any comments...please give me your feedback, advice, suggestions....whatever. It will only help. Thanks
i can't give advice, suggestions, etc, but i do like the new "shorter" oil cap cover.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Duckslayer08
why not do longtubes an x-pipe and some corsa mufflers
The only way I am getting longtubes on this truck is A.drop my front driveshaft and run the ones I have now that are only for a 2WD, or B. have a set made which is not an option now, but maybe in a year or so....this setup with the manifolds and a y pipe will get me running for now.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
i can't give advice, suggestions, etc, but i do like the new "shorter" oil cap cover.
Hell yeah...great advice man!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Teching In

First off, Thank you for what you are doing for our country. Im thinking of inlisting also.
I dig what you are doing here. I have been working on a friends 97 2wd and today I found out his engine was bad. The intake is full of oil and the plugs look like they have been soaked in oil for a year. Any ways we were discussing doing a 6.0/4l80e swap in to his truck. So Im following your build!

Did you chose not to run A/C? I will be installing it in his truck. Can you run some shorty headers? What are you doing for the radiator?

Thanks again!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95/02ss
First off, Thank you for what you are doing for our country. Im thinking of inlisting also.
I dig what you are doing here. I have been working on a friends 97 2wd and today I found out his engine was bad. The intake is full of oil and the plugs look like they have been soaked in oil for a year. Any ways we were discussing doing a 6.0/4l80e swap in to his truck. So Im following your build!

Did you chose not to run A/C? I will be installing it in his truck. Can you run some shorty headers? What are you doing for the radiator?

Thanks again!
Thank you very much for your support first of all. I do apreciate that very much.

I am not going to be running ac on this truck for a couple of reasons. I am moving to Washington state in the summer, and honestly never use it. It frees up some power, and gives me more room. It is easy to retain A/C on this setup if you wish, just need the right compressor. I know that S&P sells them, but you might find them elsewhere too.

Shorty headers that I have seen do not offer that much gain over the manifolds so there really is no point in wasting the money at this point IMO.

I will be keeping the stock 97 style radiator as it is a 34" radiator, and I will be using the 05 E fans fo the cooling duties. That part of the build will be this weekend. The truck should be done hopefully by Sunday and be going for tune Mon if all goes well.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Launching!

have you looked up schoenfeld headers? a OBS with a 6.0 has some and im going to pick some up as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Great work so far! Can't wait to see it finished.
Makes me wish I still had my old 98' I'd be doing the same thing to it right now.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sierraSS
have you looked up schoenfeld headers? a OBS with a 6.0 has some and im going to pick some up as well.
That is what I have here...they are the ones that do not fit. They only make those headers for a 2WD, and the part # for them is 1302LS1 if they will work for you.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by exodus
That is what I have here...they are the ones that do not fit. They only make those headers for a 2WD, and the part # for them is 1302LS1 if they will work for you.
oo ok. must have skipped over that. sorry. yea mines 2wd. they should work

Quick Reply: OBS 97 Z71 05 5.3 and Radix Swap