PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Ory the truck that shoulda been scrapped a long time ago

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2019 | 11:14 PM
Teching In

Got the plugs gapped to .027 should be good right ? I had the 5.3 at .030 and it was fine . Then I got the hotside on and the plugs in then wires went to do a test start and an injector had the o ring broke so I pulled the rails off for what felt like the 1000th time slapped a new o ring on and the rails back then when I primed it probably 20 times no leaks ! Got the dipsticks in and the trans I put about a gallon and a half (I filled until it overflowed lol) then I left my trans alone to be checked once it ran since I did drain the torque converter. So I test fired it and it ran but only has 20psi at idle with fresh 15w40 and a fresh acdelco filter . So I値l probably send it until it痴 time do them upgrades (trunion rod bolts head studs maybe gen4 rods etc) then I値l throw in a new pump and stuffs . 🤷🏼*♂️ Got the turbo on and oil feed and drain hooked up the feeds pumping no leaks at idle so a test drive will tell. Now I need to segment swap hook up the wastegate fill the tcase and hope that tcase bushing doesn稚 come back to bite me . Then it痴 time to tune ! I知 gonna leave my 10lb spring In it and just turn the boost controller (a tiny chinese mechanical t thing ) all the way down and tune it up to 10 lbs and hope this g80 holds until I can afford the tru trac . I知 gonna attach the video on the thread of the test fire but I値l prolly mess it up.
Old 08-19-2019 | 09:53 AM
Teching In

Truck runs and drives the turbo still smokes so I知 gonna add my catch can and if that don稚 fix this crank case problem I知 gonna get a new turbo that痴 the only conclusion I can come up with . It痴 still really fat 13.8 when cruising and 12s coming up on 2 lbs so I値l take a lil fuel out of cruising and leave that boost table where it is and up the boost take it to an 11.5 at 4 pounds I知 gonna say . Creep up on timing and let this thing eat . But first I need to get this trans dialed in it feels like it痴 slipping all the time with this stock stall but the rpms stay the same it痴 hard to explain maybe it痴 just this tall gearing . I知 logging input turbine and output so I値l go back and do the math and check for slippage . All in all it痴 a whole different monster deeper rumble with the torque downlow to match ! Wish I could have gone 6.0 sooner
Old 11-09-2019 | 11:54 PM
Teching In

Default Update

So I ended up blowing that 6.0 up it had 3 cracked pistons and that was it apparently 8-10lbs and 24* is too much . So I slapped another set of gen 3 rods and pistons re used my rings added king rod bearings and some junk autozone felpro head gaskets and head bolts and it was alive again I lost my fire ring for the wastegate after about 200 miles and since at that time it was my only form of transportation I just neglected it and thought of it as a low boost break in helper . After 2000miles I got a fire ring and a couple other odds and ends like a new down pipe and log and then I took it to my buddy with lots of turbo ls experience and he tuned it and built a 3 8団h exhaust for me . It comes up on boost FAST it痴 on a 10lb spring with a mechanical boost controller maxed out so it only builds 8lbs ish . In other words for those who want a run down this is a 99 Sierra 1500 extnded cab with a stock 2000 6.0 stock 4l80e and push button tcase a 2006 3.42 gov lock rear end a Huron speed hot side 3 inch straight pipe to rear tire with a 3 inch cold side and Chinese intercooler. Other mods are e fans.
Old 11-10-2019 | 12:01 AM
Teching In

Default :(

I blew the trans already so it痴 sitting until I feel like finding a core or pulling this trans to have it rebuilt . My buddy who does the tuning and building gave me a lead to his trans guy and for around 1000$ will build me a solid 80e that痴 ready to handle 700hp all day . I値l be adding either a 3500 or 4000 stall when the new trans is ready to drop in since I do NOT look forward to that job with the heavy *** 80e. I am not sure on what size I want though I have a couple cams I have really looked at but the summit8716 and 8706 are my two choices I can稚 decide between I will be getting pac 1219 springs and a trinion kit then it痴 time for a big fuel system and a tru trac . Then body work . This is gonna be a long project I look forward to still . Then it痴 66 Le Mans build or crew can build stay tuned
Old 02-17-2020 | 11:16 AM
Teching In

Default New trans who this

Ended up having around 2800$ in the trans . For 1100$ I got a triple disk pi they say should be perfect right around 3000 . I got a 2 step and boost leash also then I finally got around to yanking the trans . I cracked the bell housing when it almost fell on my head from sliding off the jack so I got a core and had that built . Been neglecting the project since I got a new truck and wanted to get in a better place financially before I started dumping cash in it . Then I got an hd hood and a tbss intake and now here I am waiting for time when I知 not too tired to go install the trans .
Old 02-17-2020 | 11:18 AM
Teching In

New truck is a 16 Duramax ccsb ltz debating on if I知 ready to take on the diesel performance or just leaving it alone only time will tell I have too many projects .

The following users liked this post:
Gabe99silverado (01-19-2022)