PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Pic of my proto gauge plate for the new full console

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:39 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are so proud at how much you payed for that thing aren't you? you know they go for a 100 bucks down here... My truck has that bose ****, and I was wondering where the amp and sub was...

should look badass when your done.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

need to glass it and angle them up and towards you. i wish mine had sub in console.. mine has no bass hardly but i would love for alittle but dont want a system
Old 01-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dlt76028
you are so proud at how much you payed for that thing aren't you? you know they go for a 100 bucks down here... My truck has that bose ****, and I was wondering where the amp and sub was...

should look badass when your done.
Your damn rite.. Remember your in a another freaking world in TX?? People value these things like gold.. As for the 100 yah your rite, it came from TX, but shipping was the extra.. Around here, 3-400.. It's a joke for sure...

Originally Posted by Bumpers
need to glass it and angle them up and towards you. i wish mine had sub in console.. mine has no bass hardly but i would love for alittle but dont want a system
You want to buy the sub, amp, box???? I would glass it in, but that is a little more then I care to get involved in.. The angled plate, or the bezel rngs should suit me fine..
Old 01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Nah I don't really wanna spend anymoney on that kinda stuff right now my truck buget for this year is almost empty and its just now the end of january lol
Old 01-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Baltimore Whore

Ahh cmon I will cut you a smoking deal
Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Nothing big.. Took a little time and made a template, centered 3 rings, where the gauges will find a new home once I put the full console in.. I found the GM makes the trim pieces for the silverado ect consoles in the same color burlwood as comes in the denal's.. So they are on the way Going to do the plate out of aluminum, paint it satin black.. That will get the crap out of my window.. I also removed all the audio crap out of the console.. I bet with the wiring, amp, sub, rear drink tray, radio controls, the sub box, also some more plastic I cut out, took 35lbs out of the console. It is really lite now. I bet it is a great deal liter then the flip up seat is.. Will keep the thread updated with pics, as it comes together.. I am thankful I got a steal on this thing. Picked it up for 175 buks..So this is what I got so far..

So you're gonna have no tunes? Cmon, it's a street truck.

Somehow, I think you're gonna add some weight back in, esp. if you're putiin in some sounds.

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
after having mine in the overhead , i wish they were in the a pillar. when driving something that fast and taking your head away from the road is pretty dangerous , the a pillar you still have more peripheral vision .
I never thought too much of that, Chase. Of course, you are & will be a lot faster than me.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Baltimore Whore

Tom, indeed I have tunes, kicker, infinity, pioneer stuffed in the truck .. I am talking about what I took out of the console itself.. It had the factory bose sub, amp in it.. As far as being able to see the gauges.. I am not even going to BS.. I very rarely get a chance to look at them, when doing a 1/4 mile run or WOT blast down the street.. Either them being in the pillar or down a little bit, IMO will not be much diff, as your still taking your eyes off the road to glance.. I bet the truck weights in 50lbs lighter with the full console in place of the flip up seat one..
Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Baltimore Whore

Ok so I dicked around for a bit, got the plate the way I want it.. Just need to put a finsih coat on it... Still deciding if I a going to go with the angled bezels or just mount them in there.. Turned out nice.. BTW I am not using that gauge, just stuck it there for mock up..

Ruff cut

Getting better

Old 01-31-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks nice
Old 01-31-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Looks awsome dude

Quick Reply: Pic of my proto gauge plate for the new full console