PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Pic of my proto gauge plate for the new full console

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011 | 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohhh ok, i could build something with fiberglass to angle them towards me, never even thought of that area and the good thing is that its a overlay on top of the original dash so i can go in there and cut it up under there! Will investigate it tommorrow, good thing is all my connections for those gauges will be closer to the passenger side anyhow
Old 01-31-2011 | 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Thanks man..I am not a huge fan of the pillar gauges. It draws alot of attention, every idiot in the world wants to try you out.. But if I didn't have this console going it it would stay there in the pillar ...
So... will said pillar be for sale? I think I'd put a clock in it, a fuel pressure gauge to tell when my fuel pump didn't prime right, indicating that I need to crawl under my truck and manhandle the wiring to get it to prime... and I think a nice wallet size picture of Adriana Lima.

Unfortunately, I don't have NO2, or boost, and I don't do my own tuning, so I really don't know if they make any gauges that could benefit me. Maybe an amperage gauge to monitor my charging system since my amp can pull some juice... Wow... that got on the rambling side real quick.
Old 01-31-2011 | 10:27 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Swerve7rpm2000
ohhh ok, i could build something with fiberglass to angle them towards me, never even thought of that area and the good thing is that its a overlay on top of the original dash so i can go in there and cut it up under there! Will investigate it tommorrow, good thing is all my connections for those gauges will be closer to the passenger side anyhow
What other gauges you have to mount? You could even mount the heater controls inside the console, then stick the gauges in where the heater controls was at.. Just a thought...

Originally Posted by dmelvin
So... will said pillar be for sale? I think I'd put a clock in it, a fuel pressure gauge to tell when my fuel pump didn't prime right, indicating that I need to crawl under my truck and manhandle the wiring to get it to prime... and I think a nice wallet size picture of Adriana Lima.

Unfortunately, I don't have NO2, or boost, and I don't do my own tuning, so I really don't know if they make any gauges that could benefit me. Maybe an amperage gauge to monitor my charging system since my amp can pull some juice... Wow... that got on the rambling side real quick.
Yes it will be shortly... you could put a AFR gauge in, thats practical, useful gauge.. Then a clock or whatever else, that would be a simple uninstall if you ever get boost or nitrous..
Old 01-31-2011 | 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

That's going to look awesome. What're the trim pieces in burlwood you mentioned, the part where the cupholders and up to the dash is? If so, where did you find them and how much?
Old 01-31-2011 | 10:36 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by StrokerAce03
That's going to look awesome. What're the trim pieces in burlwood you mentioned, the part where the cupholders and up to the dash is? If so, where did you find them and how much?
Thanks.. I was looking on ebay for console parts, stumbled across them. I talked to the guy, then searched the PN, it is a GM number, they do make them for these parts.. Yes around the cup holders, trim that goes under the dash..
Old 01-31-2011 | 10:48 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn man, looking great that's for sure.
Old 01-31-2011 | 10:51 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by double047
Damn man, looking great that's for sure.
Thanks brotha...Hey if you want boost I gots the perfect turbo for you
Old 02-01-2011 | 07:11 PM
Baltimore Whore

Ok so today, I cut all the areas out of the tray, welded studs to the back of the plate, mounted it to the tray... These gauges are just in there for mock up. My gauges will go in there when its in the truck... Going to paint/cover the raw metal tom.. So far so good.. getting anxious... hehehe

Old 02-01-2011 | 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

It looks better with every picture. are you going to try to match the paint color to the rest of the console? Or just do something like a black?
Old 02-01-2011 | 07:19 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Looks good, I hate having mine on the A pillar but I cant bring myself to cut up my dash. Nice thing about the pillar is they are easy to see but i feel they obstruct your vision in that area like a bitch.

Quick Reply: Pic of my proto gauge plate for the new full console