PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Pic of my proto gauge plate for the new full console

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011 | 11:04 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec_psi
Just went to 3m's website Looks good. Think i will order some for my overhead console gauges... btw your doin a hell of a job on your gauge plate sor far. Cant wait to see the final product.
Thanks man Yah I forget what size rolls you can get it in.. We bought the 2xx$$ roll..
Old 02-02-2011 | 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin good man! lemme know how you like that innovative wideband..im stuck between that one and the LC-1. Only reason im leaning more toward the LC-1 over the MTX-L is because i dont really care for the yellow digital readout and gauge :\
Old 02-02-2011 | 12:07 AM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by zachm89
lookin good man! lemme know how you like that innovative wideband..im stuck between that one and the LC-1. Only reason im leaning more toward the LC-1 over the MTX-L is because i dont really care for the yellow digital readout and gauge :\
Thanks man..That is just extra gauges I have.. I am using all the gauges that are in my pillar pod, and the spot under the dash, which consist of automers.. My buddy had a innovate like this in his car, it was a nice WB. I just wanted everything to carry the same theme in the cab..

Old 02-02-2011 | 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

So does that mean you'll be ditching the pillar pod soon? I'm gunna need to pick one up for my truck but will need one with the tweeter hole.
Old 02-02-2011 | 06:16 PM
Baltimore Whore

So does that mean you'll be ditching the pillar pod soon? I'm gunna need to pick one up for my truck but will need one with the tweeter hole.
Yah it will be leaving. Hell cut a hole in it
Old 02-02-2011 | 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

its what i made my bezel out of.... looks bad *** man great product... u can see it in this pic, is that the same stuff?

Old 02-02-2011 | 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ruff cut

Getting better

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
indeed I have tunes, kicker, infinity, pioneer stuffed in the truck .. I am talking about what I took out of the console itself.. It had the factory bose sub, amp in it.. As far as being able to see the gauges.. I am not even going to BS.. I very rarely get a chance to look at them, when doing a 1/4 mile run or WOT blast down the street.. Either them being in the pillar or down a little bit, IMO will not be much diff, as your still taking your eyes off the road to glance.. I bet the truck weighs in 50lbs lighter with the full console in place of the flip up seat one...

...I cut all the areas out of the tray, welded studs to the back of the plate, mounted it to the tray. These gauges are just in there for mock up. Going to paint/cover the raw metal tom.. I am going to cover it in 3m, stuff called Di Noc.. It looks like dry carbon fiber, but is very subtle, not ricey looking.. It wont chip off or flake like paint would... Yah I forget what size rolls you can get it in.. We bought the $2xx roll..
But $200? Well...considering how much c/f is ...

3M makes a lot of great products, but they usu. cost an arm & a leg. But good things are like that. It only sucks when it hits mt wallet.
Gotcha, & yes I combined quotes. Angle gauges toward you.
John, exactly as u said, not a huge fan of pillar gauges. It draws alot of attention, every idiot in the world wants to try you out. And I never even mounted them in a pillar pod, just from what I see when a guy rools by & another tool sees his pillar & throws a few revs.

Swerve7rpm2000, angle towards u, my eyes went right to that area John mentioned & the console. Or his other idea, mount the heater controls inside the console, then stick the gauges in where the heater controls were. Cause it be a lot less distracting than lookin down if makin a pass.

dmelvin, I think an A/F gauge can benefit anyone, even if they don't do their own tuning. I still neeed to see who this Adriana Lima is tho.

Pat (03sierraslt), I notice when it comes to interior trim, I'm not the only 1 who can't bring myself to cut up my dash. If it looks crappy or u make a mistake, or later go back stock, any trim pcs. are expen$ive.

I remember I didn't wanna cut up my console trim plate on my '92 Camaro. A new one was $55-80. I thought, for that lil piece of plastic?!?

John, when u see all the pics back-back, it looks dramatic how it's transformed. I'm sure it'll turn out great. I'm just as anxious.
Old 02-02-2011 | 08:54 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Ruff cut

Getting better

But $200? Well...considering how much c/f is ...

3M makes a lot of great products, but they usu. cost an arm & a leg. But good things are like that. It only sucks when it hits mt wallet.
Gotcha, & yes I combined quotes. Angle gauges toward you.
John, exactly as u said, not a huge fan of pillar gauges. It draws alot of attention, every idiot in the world wants to try you out. And I never even mounted them in a pillar pod, just from what I see when a guy rools by & another tool sees his pillar & throws a few revs.

Swerve7rpm2000, angle towards u, my eyes went right to that area John mentioned & the console. Or his other idea, mount the heater controls inside the console, then stick the gauges in where the heater controls were. Cause it be a lot less distracting than lookin down if makin a pass.

dmelvin, I think an A/F gauge can benefit anyone, even if they don't do their own tuning. I still neeed to see who this Adriana Lima is tho.

Pat (03sierraslt), I notice when it comes to interior trim, I'm not the only 1 who can't bring myself to cut up my dash. If it looks crappy or u make a mistake, or later go back stock, any trim pcs. are expen$ive.

I remember I didn't wanna cut up my console trim plate on my '92 Camaro. A new one was $55-80. I thought, for that lil piece of plastic?!?

John, when u see all the pics back-back, it looks dramatic how it's transformed. I'm sure it'll turn out great. I'm just as anxious.
One of the main reasons is that my Denali has the unique center console and I like it.
Old 02-02-2011 | 09:07 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
One of the main reasons is that my Denali has the unique center console and I like it.
Indeed they are. I almost had one in the gray that i wanted, but the guy backed out. I will have my denali accents, made from GM to go on my console, so it will almost be like a real one
Old 02-02-2011 | 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I call DIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Pic of my proto gauge plate for the new full console