PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Pics of MY Slow Azz Skreet Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of MY Slow Azz Skreet Truck

Sorry guys if i am putting these pictures in the wrong place...

It aint much so yal dont beat up on me to bad!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:00 AM
TECH Addict

its not a bad looking truck man. but you cant just leave us with pics. let us know some details. what the truck started like and how it progressed to where it is. whats it run on the track, ect ect.....

still a clean truck man. imo jus lower it a lil more
Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty

But ya info!!! and maybe a video or two!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Blown 427 LSX

yea some specs would be great... you should be proud of your truck bro, looks like you spent a lot of hard work and time getting that sucker done...

you get a in my book!

post up some details!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

real nice bro luv that mean looking front

what spec? any time slips?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sharp truck, whats up with your pic on the bucket in the 8th pic? kinda crazy lol
Old 07-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the comments guys.... Boy this could turn into a long story. I bought the truck 3 years ago and just didnt do much with it. I played a little but no racing. I wanted to build it up to where it is now.. It has an aluminum headed 383 in it with a 2 stage cheater kit, 750 race demon carb, pro billet dist. and msd 6al ign., ptc turbo 400 and ptc 3500 converter, power trax locker with 3.73 richmond gear in the factory 10 bolt rear, hurst quarter stick shifter,16 gal. RCI fuel cell, holley black pump with -8 line up to a y block where it spilts to 2 regulators, one for carb and one for the NOS, caltrac bars, 9 way rancho adjustable shocks for the suspension. It came a long ways from where i started. Basically all it had when i bought it was the motor tranny and nothing extra. A friend and I have done all the work ourselves. Luckily i have some great friends one who owns a racing and machine shop. With all our experience together we can pretty much do what we want its just the money that puts a WOOOO on things. LOL LOL> AND for the guy who made the comment about lowering it. As a matter of fact i talked to travis at Calvert Racing today and ordered different rear brackets for the caltrac setup so i am going with a flip kit take wheel adapters off to set in the rear about and inch and a quarter. It will look better dropped and tucked because in the picture on here it had 26" 10.5's on it and now 28. 12.5 E.T. street.. I have only been to the track once with it and ran in street class and won. LOL LOL!! Heck all i wanted was some TT but oh well the money come in handy. It ran 8.10 first pass of course 1/8th mile. Later after the races was over i sprayed a 100 shot and it spun 20 or 30 ft. and cut the same short time which was 1.74 on motor and same on spray. It ran a 7.54 at 96 MPH and that was without the caltrac bars and had the 26 tall tire on it. Converter is too loose.. It flashes 4200 rpms which is about a grand too much.. I gotta send it off to get tightened up. I think when i get it tuned just right and hooking properly i can run some 6.90's pretty safely on a single 150 shot.. I only got one video of it on motor. Actually the first pass down the track. 8.10 and cannot remember the mph.. After that i have been tinkering on it and have not been back to the track with it. I will be at the track august 8th for sure to do make sum hits with it!!! NOt sure what all i left out but thats the best i can do for now. Kinda in a rush, @ work... Here is the video. Later guys and thanks again!!!!!!!!!!! Johnny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwLcLPbKTRo
Here is one of me after a 12 pack of miller lite playing with the purge..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYrq56rjd_4
And one of the new exhaust!!! Full Length headers 3'' exh. with 3" 2 chamber flowmasters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZIOoin9Etg
Old 07-17-2009, 06:02 AM
Staging Lane

Thats a sweet truck ya gots there......looks like shes gonna be a runner when your done......but, I gotta know where ya got the grill for the it? I have been looking for one of those.
Keep up the great work and let us know how she runs when you get it to a track.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oklaracer
Thats a sweet truck ya gots there......looks like shes gonna be a runner when your done......but, I gotta know where ya got the grill for the it? I have been looking for one of those.
Keep up the great work and let us know how she runs when you get it to a track.
Thanks man!! The grill was already on the truck when i got it. I will ask the fella where he got it at for ya though... I believe its called a cateye grill..
I will post up some times when i get it right. I work a 28 and 14 schedule on the river so i am not home enough to get as much done as i would like. I just do what i can do.. Got plans of a new powerplant for next year. Gonna play with this one for now.. Once the converter is tightened up it will do all its gonna do on this setup...
Old 07-17-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by oklaracer
I gotta know where ya got the grill for the it? I have been looking for one of those.
Grill is made by APC

Part # APC.802161PK
Grille w/ Cat-Eye Shell

also this one: http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...tfamilyid=3511

Quick Reply: Pics of MY Slow Azz Skreet Truck