PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:15 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
ok......you can do it, however the vapors from the gas tank will get annoying after a while. Its main function is to pressurize the tank and check for leaks, if you can seal it up and keep the vapors from escaping the tank then you can do it. All you will need to do is disconnect it and wait for the SES light to come on, write down the codes and turn them off with HPT.

Although everything I have stated above is illegal and can result in a major violation from your local law enforcement.
yeah, I don't think I'm gonna do it now, bad idea

Old 09-02-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lost most of my Evap emissions lines when I went with bigger fuel pumps and dual 8AN fuel lines.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:04 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by whitt1
I lost most of my Evap emissions lines when I went with bigger fuel pumps and dual 8AN fuel lines.
did you just cap the line coming from the evap canister? any issue with fuel smells?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't driven the truck yet,the tech from the dealer said it shouldn't be an issue.I've been out of commission all summer.Truck has set with less than an hours work left to do.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:23 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by whitt1
I haven't driven the truck yet,the tech from the dealer said it shouldn't be an issue.I've been out of commission all summer.Truck has set with less than an hours work left to do.
damn if your not close

Update: Spent yesterday re-loading all the software I use on my laptop, gaaaaawd damn; took 4+ hrs to load everything up by the time I was done with all the updates , loaded Office Pro, esi, HPTuners, Dyno Sim, Uninstalled Norton and Works. Good news is I'm ready to start tuning

Spent the second half of the day verifying my wiring harness was routed correctly and checking each and every electrical connector to manual. So no new pictures but progress none-the-less.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grippy,
you have anymore pictures of your wiring harness?
Rick will be starting mine soon.
Thanks,
Mark
Old 09-03-2007, 03:30 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by 2004Denali
Grippy,
you have anymore pictures of your wiring harness?
Rick will be starting mine soon.
Thanks,
Mark
what do you need?

I think Joe and I came up with the best way to layout the truck harness leaving the absolute min wires across the top of the engine AND allowing the engine harness, once disconnected from the inj,coils,IAT,MAF, etc to just lay over the side of the truck for servicing.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by moregrip
what do you need?

I think Joe and I came up with the best way to layout the truck harness leaving the absolute min wires across the top of the engine AND allowing the engine harness, once disconnected from the inj,coils,IAT,MAF, etc to just lay over the side of the truck for servicing.
just a picture of the harness that lays over the top of the engine and where you have the the one disconect.
Thanks,
Mark
Old 09-03-2007, 04:30 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by 2004Denali
just a picture of the harness that lays over the top of the engine and where you have the the one disconect.
Thanks,
Mark
this is the best one I have so far, those bundles will be about half as big as they look once shrinked wrapped, and there is plenty of shortening that needs to get done. Luckily the truck harnesses are very long and no lengthening is needed.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by moregrip
this is the best one I have so far, those bundles will be about half as big as they look once shrinked wrapped, and there is plenty of shortening that needs to get done. Luckily the truck harnesses are very long and no lengthening is needed.

That is awesome!!!!
I have a hard enough time just adding a few wires for new stuff.
How many hours do you think you have just on the harness?
I wouldn't even want to know how much time (and money) you got on this entire build, but it will be worth it.
I'm sure it would have been a lot quicker if Uncle Sam didn't get in the way.

and

Quick Reply: Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install