PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 03:56 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bud8fan
a big congrats is in order for all involved!!!!that is the sweetest exhaust setup i have seen by far
thanks bro

like I said up a few posts. This was an oxidizr special evolution, he deserves all the credit I am/was really lucky to know a guy like him who is as detail oriented as myself. He surely did not have to TIG weld the exhaust system but chose to do so because that's the way he does things. Do it right, do it once.

All involved = Richard(exhaust engineer) and myself(gopher)
Old 02-28-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Sweet!

Excellent job oxidizr and grippy.

Cali Style!
Old 02-28-2006, 05:11 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Mort
Sweet!

Excellent job oxidizr and grippy.

Cali Style!
Cali style indeed

One thing that really surprised me is how powerful the exhaust pulses are in this 6.0L They vibrate several rooms in the house on first fire
Old 02-28-2006, 07:01 PM
what a rush!

update: I just got back from some WOT runs to check my AFR and it doesn't seem to out of wack. The dynojet showed 12.8-1 WOT up a hill. Not perfect, but I am not nearly as worried about going lean now.

For those that want some exterior pics, I'll get those up tonight for ya
Old 02-28-2006, 09:28 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The exhaust looks awesome grippy, and like jksz71 said...clean!! It's nice to see that you're making some good progress
Old 02-28-2006, 10:14 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by budhayes3
The exhaust looks awesome grippy, and like jksz71 said...clean!! It's nice to see that you're making some good progress
Thanks dude, still quite a ways to go, just trying to knock things off the list one at a time now
Old 03-01-2006, 12:58 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by James B.
I might consider those catalytic converters. The last pair I bought were the OBD-II Legal 3" in/out oval ones that I paid $$$$ for. The lasted all of 5 months before they had both completely disintegrated and blown out the tailpipes. It was the rattling that pissed me off more than even all the wasted money. After looking at my stock cats and the way they are constructed (round) I figured round was a better way to make something that goes through huge temperature swings. Those round one's you've got might be worth a try. I just need to get better service out of them! I ended up welding 3" pipes to my stock ones, but that's not right. (Stock ones holding up fine BTW)
I'll let you know how these hold up
Old 03-01-2006, 12:59 AM
what a rush!

here's the pics I promised:

Old 03-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Grip- That's an absolutely beautiful setup. The only thing I'm not sold on is the side exit. I think I'd run them all the way out the back with both tips together on one side. I've never been a fan of in front of the back tire exhaust though so it might just be me.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Grip- That's an absolutely beautiful setup. The only thing I'm not sold on is the side exit. I think I'd run them all the way out the back with both tips together on one side. I've never been a fan of in front of the back tire exhaust though so it might just be me.
thanks bro

You are 100% correct. the side exit on the HD just doesn't quite fit. I will be headed back out to rework the setup next Saturday with Richard. I'm just not sure which out the back exit would look the best and I'm also considering no exhaust tips, thoughts?

Quick Reply: Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install