PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it when both tips are right next to each other on one side and about flush with the edge of the bumper(not sticking out). I think with slash cut tips like you have there it would look very nice. Not a big fan of "hidden" exhaust cause people can still see the pipes under the truck if they're driving behind it. I'm assuming by "no exhaust tips" you mean just the pipes turned down under the back bumper or something similiar.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:28 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I like it when both tips are right next to each other on one side and about flush with the edge of the bumper(not sticking out). I think with slash cut tips like you have there it would look very nice. Not a big fan of "hidden" exhaust cause people can still see the pipes under the truck if they're driving behind it. I'm assuming by "no exhaust tips" you mean just the pipes turned down under the back bumper or something similiar.
no turned down pipes, just thinking straight exhaust pipe cut in the desired fashion(angle) and left alone.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuck the pipes up along the frame and turn 'em down flush with bottom of the bumper so that the whole system is completely hidden.....it'll look like dumps from the outside but will be a complete exhaust
Old 03-01-2006, 06:37 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Yelo
Tuck the pipes up along the frame and turn 'em down flush with bottom of the bumper so that the whole system is completely hidden.....it'll look like dumps from the outside but will be a complete exhaust
I'm not a fan of dumped exhaust systems at all, although turned down tips at the bumper might be ok, kinda old school
Old 03-01-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about the part# for those mufflers???
Old 03-01-2006, 07:03 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by ap2002
how about the part# for those mufflers???
sorry, I didn't look on the box. Oxidizr would know the part# I'm sure
Old 03-01-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are those angled tips? I know Magnaflow makes them like that. If they exit the side, angle to the body. If they exit in the rear, angle back toward the truck. I think they'd look better behind the wheel.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I gotta agree with Ben, I think they would look great as a side exit if they were just behind the wheel.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:02 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by BenKey
Are those angled tips? I know Magnaflow makes them like that. If they exit the side, angle to the body. If they exit in the rear, angle back toward the truck. I think they'd look better behind the wheel.

Yes, those are angled tips. Those particular tips have a drain hole in them so turning them sideways really wasn't a consideration for us. The side exit behind the wheel is an option but if we are going to take the time to run them back there I think I'd like them out of flinging rubber's way, tired of cleaning that crap off the exhaust tips.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i think that some tips turned down and set at about the angle you have them now, behind each tire would look sweet. tight agianst the body , centered inline with your fender flairs.. with just a bit of the tip visible. i may not be explaining this very well,but maybe it`ll give you some ideas.oh yeah... nice set up. also. where are your rims/tires?

Quick Reply: Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install