PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
anyone use one of these to pre-lube their engine?

GM
New engine prelube tool. General Motors has recently developed an engine prelubrication tool with its tool supplier, Kent-Moore. The preluber consists of a 2-gallon container, hand pump, flexible hose, adapter set and an instruction sheet. Properly used, the tool injects clean engine oil into the lubrication system, helping to prevent dry starts on new, remanufactured or overhauled engines.

Following the instructions included with the tool will allow the main bearings, connecting rod bearings and oil pump to get a healthy dose of lube. Use more than the minimum recommended amount of oil and the cam bearings and other valvetrain components will also be lubricated.
This is great Grip!! I like to see pressurized oil getting to the rod and main bearings, lifters, pushrods and rockers before firing. I HATE oil getting whipped up the cylinder bores until the engine is actually running on it own. The dry cylinder walls force lapping action on the rings and that makes a dramatic difference in ring seal and oil consumption. Oil gets flung onto the cylinder walls shortly after firing and that keeps the piston skirts cooled and lubricated, meanwhile the top and second ring continue to lap themselves into a smooth seal. I feel it's important to keep the top and 2nd ring completely dry on initial fire up.

Nice tool for priming Grip.

Richard
Old 10-03-2007, 10:25 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
This is great Grip!! I like to see pressurized oil getting to the rod and main bearings, lifters, pushrods and rockers before firing. I HATE oil getting whipped up the cylinder bores until the engine is actually running on it own. The dry cylinder walls force lapping action on the rings and that makes a dramatic difference in ring seal and oil consumption. Oil gets flung onto the cylinder walls shortly after firing and that keeps the piston skirts cooled and lubricated, meanwhile the top and second ring continue to lap themselves into a smooth seal. I feel it's important to keep the top and 2nd ring completely dry on initial fire up.

Nice tool for priming Grip.

Richard
thanks Richard, just trying to cover all the bases, glad you approve
Old 10-04-2007, 02:59 AM
Launching!

very very nice, great job...
Old 10-05-2007, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Your tank is done at polish and I am going to go pick it up for you.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:08 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by 2005SSR6Speed
Your tank is done at polish and I am going to go pick it up for you.
SWEET BRO, thanks, LeftCoast32 in the hizzy, I'm stuck on the ship with duty today
Old 10-05-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hows It All Coming Devon?? Did You Find A Better Deal On That Oil Preluber?? The Shop Foreman Is A Cool Guy But I Dont Think He Was Giving Me A Very Good Deal On That
Old 10-05-2007, 04:13 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
Hows It All Coming Devon?? Did You Find A Better Deal On That Oil Preluber?? The Shop Foreman Is A Cool Guy But I Dont Think He Was Giving Me A Very Good Deal On That
haven't had a minute bro, been slammed at work, I'll call you later and we can discuss
Old 10-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Formerly Low_LQ4 - 6/6/10

Great work Looks sick
Old 10-06-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by moregrip
haven't had a minute bro, been slammed at work, I'll call you later and we can discuss

cool deal... just got a better plan on my phone so hopefully it should work most of the time now.... dont like sprint much.... but its wayyyyy damn better than nextel..
Old 10-07-2007, 02:12 PM
what a rush!

I/C tank done, I think that will work

Quick Reply: Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install