PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:03 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Any reason why your going with exhaust clamps rather than flanges? Is one better than the other?
At this point its just because my exhaust system is slip fit.

however, when oxidizr and I talked about building the system years back we decided slip fit would be the better route. We did everything we could (within reason) to make the system as efficient as possible.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds good I was just wondering, yep I have seen your exhaust thread many times, just like your work in this thread, very nice and very impressive!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:43 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't how long its been since I looked at this thread, I must have been in la la land. Dude That thing is Bitchin!!!!!!!!! Great work!!!! I know Im a turbo guy but that blower look good!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
At this point its just because my exhaust system is slip fit.

however, when oxidizr and I talked about building the system years back we decided slip fit would be the better route. We did everything we could (within reason) to make the system as efficient as possible.
I agree with that choice for sure. I hate it when someone welds the whole system up, It's as if they never expect a problem with the vehicle that they plan on beating on. I've had to cut so many systems because of that. Slip fit systems with a band style (like the factory one's) clamp are the best.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:35 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by zippy
I agree with that choice for sure. I hate it when someone welds the whole system up, It's as if they never expect a problem with the vehicle that they plan on beating on. I've had to cut so many systems because of that. Slip fit systems with a band style (like the factory one's) clamp are the best.
It's all good until you have to buy 12 exhaust clamps, lol, no worries though. It is nice to be able to work on sections, but also minor changes are easier as well.

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
I don't how long its been since I looked at this thread, I must have been in la la land. Dude That thing is Bitchin!!!!!!!!! Great work!!!! I know Im a turbo guy but that blower look good!
thanks bro

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Sounds good I was just wondering, yep I have seen your exhaust thread many times, just like your work in this thread, very nice and very impressive!!!
oxidizr wanted to keep exhaust velocity high so the less variance we had the better
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
what a rush!

Joe came over again and we got some more work done on the wiring harness today, it's almost complete, however the most difficult section is left to do(the part that will lay over the top of the engine). The amount of wiring that will actually be seen however, is going to be very minimal.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:39 PM
what a rush!

Picked up the exhaust system from the Media Blaster.
Note: I am missing one muffler(3 total), will be here tomorrow for the re-install

Last edited by moregrip; 11-19-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by moregrip
Picked up the exhaust system from the Media Blaster.
Note; I am missing one muffler(3 total), will be here tomorrow for the re-install

You are indeed a PERFECTIONIST! The freaking mats are aligned to the concrete seams within .0001"!!

Nice work man!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:09 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
You are indeed a PERFECTIONIST! The freaking mats are aligned to the concrete seams within .0001"!!

Nice work man!
lol, I didn't even notice that
Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Grippy,
It's all looking good (harnesses & exhaust). Is the missing muffler a true muffler and are the other two resonators? My guess is that you'll be firing it up within six weeks or less!

Steve

Quick Reply: Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install