PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 02:45 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GMracer
Wasnt sure if you skipped over mine
Sorry brother, yes, taking each pin out carefully, heat shrinking from the outer ends in toward the central bundle. That's where having someone around who's done it a few times helps, who has already learned how to release the pins on most connectors. There are always a few that need to be figured out though.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
Sorry brother, yes, taking each pin out carefully, heat shrinking from the outer ends in toward the central bundle. That's where having someone around who's done it a few times helps, who has already learned how to release the pins on most connectors. There are always a few that need to be figured out though.
any tips to do so or special tools? thing is most of my wiring harness has to be entended too EEK! putting everything behind the dash
Old 11-23-2007, 05:59 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by GMracer
any tips to do so or special tools? thing is most of my wiring harness has to be entended too EEK! putting everything behind the dash
in that case you'll have to cut anyway so I would leave the connectors intact and start the splicing
Old 11-23-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

as long as every single ones gets splice I guess I should be all set haha
thanks man, oh I updated my thread just a little progress more tomorrow
Old 11-25-2007, 05:13 PM
what a rush!

Default intake tube

well, finished the intake tube today; it took several mock-ups before I decided on the final configuration. Had to cut the two flex fittings evenly on both sides to get the right fit and symmetry. Here are the pics after the two angled pcs and two flex pcs were glued together:

couple of mock up pics, no MAF, to determine correct clocking:

once clamped to the MAF, pcs fit like a glove:

final assembly:

Old 11-25-2007, 06:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great, sorry I wasnt around to help this weekend. I was in Phoenix, AZ pulling an LS2 that had an oil starvation issue and lost the 5 and 6 rod bearing. I am dropping it off for Darton MID Wet Sleeves and then it will be finished as a Forged 427 with 122HH on 10 psi of boost for now. Just give me a yell when you are ready to finish up on the harness.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:53 PM
what a rush!

thanks Joe, I thought we said this Saturday on the phone?

U/W this week, I'll catch up next weekend, the last few odds and ends should come in this week(fingers crossed)

Holty,
parts list:

2 rubber 4", 22degree elbows
2 rubber 4" hump hoses (7/8" cut from each end with razor blade, electric palm sanded to perfection 40grit)
2 aluminum intake tubes (2" long 4" diameter) used as back-plate to glue the hump hoses and 22deg hoses together; 1" either side)
1 4" to 3.75" reducing sleeve for a tight fit on the 90mm TB (trimmed about 1/4" off the inner sleeve so it didn't hang past the edge of the TB flange; not necessary but a nice touch)
4 4" hose clamps of your choice
1 tube of loctite super glue professional (this stuff is ridiculous, I glued two rubber hoses together as a tester, put one end in the vise and grabbed the other end with channelocks; the rubber started tearing mid tube with the joint showing no signs of separating, not in the least bit, doh!)

your measurements might be +/- a few 16th's of and inch so make sure you measure everything out but this should get you in the ballpark

Last edited by moregrip; 11-25-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Notorious BIG

thanks Devin, that is very helpful. I really appreciate it.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Holty
thanks Devin, that is very helpful. I really appreciate it.
no problem bro, if you look in the first two pics closely you'll see the gap(where the MAF goes) on the inner edge is smaller than the outer edge, so the 2 22 degree angles aren't quite enough to get it perfect; reason I used the two hump hoses, just an FYI

plus it gives the intake some wiggle room when the engine moves around
Old 11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by moregrip
no problem bro, if you look in the first two pics closely you'll see the gap(where the MAF goes) on the inner edge is smaller than the outer edge, so the 2 22 degree angles aren't quite enough to get it perfect; reason I used the two hump hoses, just an FYI

plus it gives the intake some wiggle room when the engine moves around
gotcha!

Quick Reply: Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install