PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 10:17 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I'll ask my bro, he's buddy with Brandon, the guy who's an editor at truckin mag and he might be interested.
Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I think they would!! Maybe not as a cover but maybe a brief 2-3 pager.... I mean you have done a lot of good work!!!
thanks guys, that's pretty cool you think that highly of the build
Old 12-01-2007, 03:43 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Grip, I have spent the last few days on my back removing the butt turbo.....I must say that this thread has new meaning to me. I applaud you for going through this in your garage without a lift. I am getting old
LOL,yeah it's been quite a ride
Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know what to get you two for Christmas.

My dad is old(50) but he will still help me from time to time when he is in town
Old 12-01-2007, 06:05 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I know what to get you two for Christmas.

My dad is old(50) but he will still help me from time to time when he is in town
hey, I got something like that already!
Old 12-01-2007, 06:08 PM
what a rush!

got another section done on the wiring harness today (transmission/driver's side O2's). It needs a little electrical tape and it's ready to be re-install in the vehicle. The last section, the part that will fit on top of the engine, will actually be done sitting on the motor so we can make the fit as tight and clean as possible:

Last edited by moregrip; 12-01-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin good grippy! Got my 4L80E done... just need to iron out a couple more things before I slap the contraption in. At any rate... I just had to start another project and thought you would enjoy seeing it

Bill

Old 12-01-2007, 07:15 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
Lookin good grippy! Got my 4L80E done... just need to iron out a couple more things before I slap the contraption in. At any rate... I just had to start another project and thought you would enjoy seeing it

Bill

Hey Bill, great news on your 4L80E

so your going to give it a go, good on ya man! how are you going to arrange the wires?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:05 PM

The 80E tranny and driver side O2 sensor wires will take a dive straight down out of the fuze box and travel along the frame then come over to the tranny behind the motor somewhere. Most of the motor wiring, A/C, and passenger O2 wiring will travel, I am hoping, behind the top side of the brake booster travel to the back of the motor and split out from there. I am still debating here... I may run some wiring under the front of the motor. My MAF wiring will be relocated as my MAF is now near the driver bottom of the radiator. Oh ya... I am going to put an 8 wire Metripac kit on each bank of injectors behind the motor. I am going to build a second "pigtail" injector harness from the back of the motor to the injectors. Reason being is I am going with an Edlebrock Victor Jr intake manifold setup, thanks to brotha man Richard at WCCH , (with 60lb Mototrons) for my LS6... and I want to wire that setup on the bench... tucking the injector wires neatly along the valley of the intake... which is how I will plumb the fuel for it too. This will allow me to swap intakes along with injector styles without pulling the motor harness. Rerouting the harness first prior to switching over to the Edlebrock intake will also save time down the road. Should be cool looking when done.
FWIW, I am using the same color code TXL automotive wiring, for extending and harness builds, which I am obtaining from EFI Connection. I am getting my Metripac stuff from Caspers...

Bill
Old 12-01-2007, 08:46 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
The 80E tranny and driver side O2 sensor wires will take a dive straight down out of the fuze box and travel along the frame then come over to the tranny behind the motor somewhere. Most of the motor wiring, A/C, and passenger O2 wiring will travel, I am hoping, behind the top side of the brake booster travel to the back of the motor and split out from there. I am still debating here... I may run some wiring under the front of the motor. My MAF wiring will be relocated as my MAF is now near the driver bottom of the radiator. Oh ya... I am going to put an 8 wire Metripac kit on each bank of injectors behind the motor. I am going to build a second "pigtail" injector harness from the back of the motor to the injectors. Reason being is I am going with an Edlebrock Victor Jr intake manifold setup, thanks to brotha man Richard at WCCH , (with 60lb Mototrons) for my LS6... and I want to wire that setup on the bench... tucking the injector wires neatly along the valley of the intake... which is how I will plumb the fuel for it too. This will allow me to swap intakes along with injector styles without pulling the motor harness. Rerouting the harness first prior to switching over to the Edlebrock intake will also save time down the road. Should be cool looking when done.
FWIW, I am using the same color code TXL automotive wiring, for extending and harness builds, which I am obtaining from EFI Connection. I am
Bill
oh that sounds interesting, looking forward to the progress pics
As soon as my truck is up and running I'll have to find an excuse to drive out to Yuma again
Old 12-01-2007, 08:55 PM

I am up for a San Diego retreat as well when you return your latest outing at sea... I really think we could scare up a few folks for a BBQ in a park or something for a weekend gathering. Think about it

I'll be starting another thread on the wiring harness project soon...

Bill

Quick Reply: Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install