PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
I am up for a San Diego retreat as well when you return your latest outing at sea... I really think we could scare up a few folks for a BBQ in a park or something for a weekend gathering. Think about it

I'll be starting another thread on the wiring harness project soon...

Bill
Bill

I have wired a few StreetRods like that and it is super clean. It is alot of work but well worth it when finished. I have a huge area over by my house if we want to do a big BBQ some time.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just started looking at the thread, took three hours to check it(breaks in between). The build is awsome, cant wait to hear it run. I would look into getting a magazine or 2 check it out if your interested, would make a hell of a article. This month was the first time I saw a truck (99-06) in the GMHTP sice ive been getting it. Maybe you could be next?
Old 12-02-2007, 08:57 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
I am up for a San Diego retreat as well when you return your latest outing at sea... I really think we could scare up a few folks for a BBQ in a park or something for a weekend gathering. Think about it

I'll be starting another thread on the wiring harness project soon...

Bill
as soon as the truck is finished I'm game for anything bro I plan to attend several get togethers/shows before I leave next year unfortunetly until it's done I have to keep pluggin away, but in all honesty, it ain't that far off at all from being road worthy!

besides we need to line them up! woot woot
Old 12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by dkota1968
I just started looking at the thread, took three hours to check it(breaks in between). The build is awsome, cant wait to hear it run. I would look into getting a magazine or 2 check it out if your interested, would make a hell of a article. This month was the first time I saw a truck (99-06) in the GMHTP sice ive been getting it. Maybe you could be next?
thanks dkota, I'm glad you enjoyed the read
I'm trying like hell to get her done AND SOON!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im so happy for you man. I know I have given you **** over the last year about taking so long but it seems you have brewed up a truck of true perfection, I cant imagine the jitter bugs you have to start that thing up. Good job, and even better job on the documentation to help out others. I think eventually when someone gets bored they should chop this thread up with links to particular points of interest such as the post for the intake tube, how you routed the misc things, info for the crank bolt, just different individual stuff like that to make it easier to digest all the info because there is plenty of it in here.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:17 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Im so happy for you man. I know I have given you **** over the last year about taking so long but it seems you have brewed up a truck of true perfection, I cant imagine the jitter bugs you have to start that thing up. Good job, and even better job on the documentation to help out others. I think eventually when someone gets bored they should chop this thread up with links to particular points of interest such as the post for the intake tube, how you routed the misc things, info for the crank bolt, just different individual stuff like that to make it easier to digest all the info because there is plenty of it in here.

Wow, thanks man, I appreciate the nice comments I've thought about doing something like that and it is a great idea, I'm just not sure I posses the needed skills to do something like that or if I even have the right permissions. In any event, the whole point of this thread was to help people out, encourage original and/or creative thought; but most of all just hang out with my Internet bros and talk about our passion, performancetrucks!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:30 PM
what a rush!

well, apart from the progress on the wiring harness, this weekend was mostly a bust.

Because of the unique layout of my pre-production and/or mock-up muffler I was unable to purchase a direct replacement, found out the hard way. My current muffler is dual 3" inlet/outlet, straight thru, on a 5x8 oval case, 18" long, 24" overall length.
Anyway, the production unit has an internal X component, so it essentially necks down to a single 3" pipe internally, obviously not what I was looking for.
Now, go try and find that same muffler or something close(any brand) with dual 3" inlet/outlet with the center of the pipes separated by 4".........................might take a while.
Ended up ordering a couple of SW smooth/round mufflers from Summit Racing, they showed up while I was underway, lol, I got two different mufflers with the same part#...............now I'm seriously bummed.

Come to find out Magnaflow makes something I can use after-all........

going to run 2 of these side by side to take the place of my original muffler:

Old 12-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Mangaflow makes a 5" Round case 3" si/so in SS, I have one on my setup, I think it would be a little bit queiter than that 4"
Old 12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Mangaflow makes a 5" Round case 3" si/so in SS, I have one on my setup, I think it would be a little bit queiter than that 4"
no doubt, but my system is built for dual 3" pipes 4" apart on center, two 5" case mufflers side by side would put me 5" apart on center.

also these are going to be the 3rd and 4th mufflers on the system, I have two regular magnaflow mufflers farther upstream so these will act more like resonators, basically just to tone the exhaust note down a bit
Old 12-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Ahh, I gotcha, I did not know that your pipes were so close together. Are you still keeping the cats?

Quick Reply: Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install