PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm curious with that setup, what is the largest pulley you can run on that blower. Looks like you'd be limted to pulley size just due to clearance?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Yeah, I like to bust his ***** about it too.......

No doubt, I just like bustin' his ***** too. I'm sure his blower will be more sterile than an OR.

However, I think you two nancies should line 'em up again and see what they can do. Or should I say, what they can't do. JK.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
btw congrats on the new setup man , if your not happy with this setup i dont know what else there is to top that.

hope to it perform at the track too. maybe you can get joe to come out with the tbss and have some good ol fashion grudge racing!
This will be the final FI setup for the HD, I need to start finishing things so I can start new projects
Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Put that f'er on there and get some track times already (not dyno #'s)! I wanna see what this blower can do.
that's the plan
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
that would be because Devin is a patient person and a perfectionist. I'm sure the time he'll take with this blower will be well worth everyone's anticipation.

Plus, from what I know of Devin, I am sure every bolt on this thing is being swapped out with ARP gear!
thanks bro, haven't decided on the ARP hardware yet.
Originally Posted by BlownChevy
you guys also need to remember that Devin spends his days and nights OTJ defending this country. His attention to detail coupled with his limited hours to dedicate to these projects is perfectly understandable IMHO..
Yeah, I like to bust his ***** about it too.......

Originally Posted by zippy
I'm curious with that setup, what is the largest pulley you can run on that blower. Looks like you'd be limted to pulley size just due to clearance?
I believe a 3.4 will fit, don't think I'll need anything bigger
Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
what a rush!

update:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a 3/5 or 4/6 drop. I think that will be enough to get the look vs. performance I want while retaining current wheel/tire combo's.

question:

if I remember right, the larger the positive displacement blower the more it tends to tone down the camshaft........is that in fact true?
Old 01-30-2009, 05:52 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moregrip
update:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a 3/5 or 4/6 drop. I think that will be enough to get the look vs. performance I want while retaining current wheel/tire combo's.

question:

if I remember right, the larger the positive displacement blower the more it tends to tone down the camshaft........is that in fact true?
That will def achieve the bad *** look!

And yes I believe that to be true,along with the added cubes(427) my 227/239 sounds mild with the blower:
Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by supersub
That will def achieve the bad *** look!

And yes I believe that to be true,along with the added cubes(427) my 227/239 sounds mild with the blower:
dude, Ray, lmfao, ur license plate is fkn awesome!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 PM
what a rush!

update:

question:

I had thought that was the case, been a long time since I've heard anyone discuss that topic.
Yours sounds pretty tame. Mine doesn't idle much different but if the 140cid of the 2300 gives me a slightly milder idle, I won't mind. That said the tune really isn't optimized either so I will gain some there as well
Old 01-30-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

update:

Devin, got any sideshots of your rig? Curious to see how that size drop is going to look with ur wheel/tire combo.

Also, check ur PMs.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:26 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had thought that was the case, been a long time since I've heard anyone discuss that topic.
Yours sounds pretty tame. Mine doesn't idle much different but if the 140cid of the 2300 gives me a slightly milder idle, I won't mind. That said the tune really isn't optimized either so I will gain some there as well
We have a few things in common then, I wouldn't mind it a little milder my self,going for the "sleeper" look.lol. It seems both of us are under the same fingers then. I think we are in good hands.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:42 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
Devin, got any sideshots of your rig? Curious to see how that size drop is going to look with ur wheel/tire combo.

Also, check ur PMs.
I'll check my PM's tomorrow, currently traveling, well, waiting in an airport.
Originally Posted by supersub
We have a few things in common then, I wouldn't mind it a little milder my self,going for the "sleeper" look.lol. It seems both of us are under the same fingers then. I think we are in good hands.
Nothing I can't live with mind you, but in a perfect world type scenario.
Looking forward to seeing what happens

Quick Reply: Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install