PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Mackenzie"

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Project "Mackenzie"

Hi my name is Trent, I'm 20 years old from Georgia and this is Mackenzie (or Mac) my 2011 2500HD! She started her life as a work truck I bought her at 17 from the company I work for for $750 and I've been working on her ever since. She had 300k miles on her and no bed, I bought a bed from a junkyard and that's when everything started! Everything I talk about and what you see I have done completely myself in my garage or driveway. She recently got a complete engine rebuild (about 3 months ago), she's got a fully forged bottom end, bigger CC heads, added a lil stroke to her, titanium valvetrain, stage 3 cam, titanium Pushrods, VVT delete, high flow oil pump, big injectors and pump, full E85 fuel system, CAI, higher stall converter, long tube headers, and some cosmetic item. The engine is fully capable of handling 1,500hp and can make 1,000 N/A with the right tune up! Let me know what you think and if you have any questions about my further plans for her! Would love to hear the feedback!

The following 2 users liked this post by tdonehoo:
adriver (11-18-2022), strutaeng (11-11-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 10:23 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good. Who's heads? How much stroke? Cam specs?
The following users liked this post:
tdonehoo (11-11-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 04:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CattleAc
Looks good. Who's heads? How much stroke? Cam specs?
RHS heads, they've got a little more height and 10 more cc than stock, got about 3,85 stroke, cam is 6.0 lift with 1.7 ration, but I'm running 1.8 ratio rockers, it's got 229/242 duration.

You can she some more of the truck on my Instagram @mackenzie2500hd
Old 11-11-2022, 09:53 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,331 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by tdonehoo
...and can make 1,000 N/A with the right tune up!

strutaeng (11-11-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 774 Likes on 541 Posts

1,000hp naturally aspirated?
Old 11-11-2022, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bgbldodge
1,000hp naturally aspirated?
I Mean I have the fuel capacity to support it and good compression, I'm making around 600 right now and it's not fully tuned yet, it'd probably be a lot more complicated than I think, but disregard that statement lmao
Old 11-11-2022, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts

I like it! I especially liked that you painted. How difficult was that job? Do you remove the old white and yellow previous paint? I've only painted a hood and fender here and there.

Not a fan of white vehicle, but have 2 white vans in the stable. I've thought about repaint, but not sure if it's worth it with all the labor involved... painting jabs, engine firewalls, etc...I mean, to do it right.

What are you using the truck for? Towing? Or just cruising? You are way ahead of the game if you are 20 years old BTW! Kuddos.
tdonehoo (11-12-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by strutaeng
You are way ahead of the game if you are 20 years old BTW! Kuddos.

My thoughts exactly.

tdonehoo (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022, 12:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by strutaeng
I like it! I especially liked that you painted. How difficult was that job? Do you remove the old white and yellow previous paint? I've only painted a hood and fender here and there.

Not a fan of white vehicle, but have 2 white vans in the stable. I've thought about repaint, but not sure if it's worth it with all the labor involved... painting jabs, engine firewalls, etc...I mean, to do it right.

What are you using the truck for? Towing? Or just cruising? You are way ahead of the game if you are 20 years old BTW! Kuddos.
I did all the body work and got everything prepped, but I brought it to a business that my buddy works at and they just sprayed a primer and the paint I bought for it. It took many hours to get dents filled in and chips sanded down and all the rusty spots gone. But it is totally possible, just got to take some time. I did paint the engine bay and that was A LOT of work. Stripping all the old paint, sanding, and degreasing. I painted it just with some Rustoleum enamel with a brush and it turned out great.

I'm slowly making the truck a street sleeper and a drag truck, I'm currently saving for a TH400 trans and a power adder, can't decide between turbos or supercharger.supercharger
I really appreciate the compliment, my parents and wife hate my truck and it feels good to get a lil appreciation lmao. This was my first time ever doing anything like this, and all my knowledge come from watching videos, reading forums and manuals, and talking to experienced mechanics. I eventually want to start my own engine building business considering how well everything turned out with my engine.
strutaeng (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CattleAc
My thoughts exactly.
I appreciate it!!!

Quick Reply: Project "Mackenzie"