PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project Polar Bear: '05 Suburban 2500

Search this Thread

Old Today, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Project Polar Bear: '05 Suburban 2500

It has been a long time coming but the prophecy has finally been fulfilled. I sold my X5 a few weeks ago and brought home a new DD. I now own nothing but V8 powered vehicles. My kids named it Polar Bear for obvious reasons - it's giant, white, and will live in the cold.

2005 Suburban 2500, 6.0/80E, 4.10s, LT package with heated leather, 3rd row, rear seat entertainment, everything I need and nothing I don't. This popped up on CL in Phoenix and although I considered doing a fly and drive, the schedules didn't work so I just had it shipped. Having driven it for a few days now I wouldn't hesitate to go across country though.

I already pulled off the crazy dark tint and need to clean the interior a bit. For the mileage it's in nice shape and most importantly there is no rust on the body, and minor surface rust on the frame as it lived in Idaho most of its life.

Fits in the garage with a little room to spare.

Stupid amounts of space inside. I love it

The short term plan is to change every fluid and do a general tune up, plugs/wires etc. I plan to replace the headlights since they're all cloudy and install a Z71 lower valence with the round fog lights. I have a 41930 upgraded hitch on the way and right before winter I'll paint the exposed areas of the frame and then have it undercoated (recommendations on products?).

The long term plan is a small turbo and drive the wheels off it.
The following users liked this post:
strutaeng (Today)
Old Today, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 207 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by LQ4-E39
It has been a long time coming but the prophecy has finally been fulfilled. I sold my X5 a few weeks ago and brought home a new DD. I now own nothing but V8 powered vehicles. My kids named it Polar Bear for obvious reasons - it's giant, white, and will live in the cold.

2005 Suburban 2500, 6.0/80E, 4.10s, LT package with heated leather, 3rd row, rear seat entertainment, everything I need and nothing I don't. This popped up on CL in Phoenix and although I considered doing a fly and drive, the schedules didn't work so I just had it shipped. Having driven it for a few days now I wouldn't hesitate to go across country though.

I already pulled off the crazy dark tint and need to clean the interior a bit. For the mileage it's in nice shape and most importantly there is no rust on the body, and minor surface rust on the frame as it lived in Idaho most of its life.

Fits in the garage with a little room to spare.

Stupid amounts of space inside. I love it

The short term plan is to change every fluid and do a general tune up, plugs/wires etc. I plan to replace the headlights since they're all cloudy and install a Z71 lower valence with the round fog lights. I have a 41930 upgraded hitch on the way and right before winter I'll paint the exposed areas of the frame and then have it undercoated (recommendations on products?).

The long term plan is a small turbo and drive the wheels off it.
Sweet! Very nice find! Congratulations.

I've got a similar but rougher rougher 2004 version I bought several years ago and now just getting to it. I was thinking of starting a thread here as well 😊.

Subscribed for the content!
Old Today, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 563 Likes on 485 Posts

Amsoil makes a decent spray on undercoating, it's worth a try if you ask me. It's what I'm using on my car that came from Arizona as well before this winter.