PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

RCLB GMT-900. tvs1900, 4l80e, stall, cam, exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a couple new little things ive got.. nothing crazy. ive also modded the blower some to clear the pulley but my cell camera is so scratched its just a blurr
boom tube tip. will exit in front of the rear tire. i may change it up some im not sure if i like it totally boxed like that. thinkin rounded front and back would look better

picked up a 4" dynatech driveshaft with a billet yoke for the 4l80 but after i got this i found out no one makes a slip joint for 2pc shaft for a 4" .065 wall tube. next closest thing is a 1410 u joint one and its for 4" .083. ohh well price paid was WELL worth it for just the yoke
Old 10-21-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

hey man good luck on your build. your truck sounded so amazing at the spring englishtown show. if you want my opinion on that boomtube, i actually think that a little angled end cut(maybe 60 degrees) would make it look nice. if it were like your wheels that would be nice, i was thinking maybe paint it black though.

your going to have a fast rig man, and your truck will look great at the same time.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think i am going to change up the boom tube a little. my deal is i like to think i can make just about anything but i have little artistic ability. haha. now i can copy something artsy or aesthetically pleasing but as far as coming up with my own... not to good

anyway.. i brought the truck to the track today. relatively stock with just a tune, headers, ory, exhaust. retune hasnt been done after headers either so im sure theres more on the table

2 runs were

2.39 60ft 10.10 1/8 15.51 @ 90.5 1/4 leaving from idle tow haul off
2.40 60ft 10.13 1/8 15.54 @ 90.4 1/4 leaving at about 1k tow haul on

da for both runs was down around -950 so really good air
this thing is just a pig off the line with no converter
Old 11-07-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

were you spinning at all? hey just think youll have more power in a little while. i bet it sounded like sex though all the way down the track though. got any vids of it?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

not spinning at all. i think it doesnt have enough down low to spin. track prep was good and got the tires sticky. 2.39 is all its going to have since it doesnt wake up until about 3k. yeah its going to be fun when done. i wanted to get some runs like this to see what i started with and what mods got me where. ill have to ask my buddy if he got it on video. kid we were with was shootin for 10's in his bolt on f body so i know they were filming him and he was behind me.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

heres a little update. got all the machine work done on the snout/pulley on the roush tvs1900.

specs are:
-snout clearanced for pulley
-full hardened 17-4 ph stainless PITA haha
-2 piece construction
-2.8"
-'rip' grooves. ill call this thing 'shredder' because its very sharp

heres pics of how it turned out.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:43 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How come the pulley's are pressed on and not key'ed onto the shaft?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats how the roush blowers are. its a .001 press fit. this pulley is the same size down to .0001 from the original. it took a 3ft long bar and a real big arbor press to press it on. i hope it doesnt spin on there.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:32 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember reading that they're pulley's are pressed on, just curious as to why they decided to do that in the first place ya know. Press fitted still has the potential to spin and it makes it harder for anyone to work on them, or maybe that was their thinking, for warranty issues, it's much harder for people to nonchalantly swap pulleys and potentially break something.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I remember reading that they're pulley's are pressed on, just curious as to why they decided to do that in the first place ya know. Press fitted still has the potential to spin and it makes it harder for anyone to work on them, or maybe that was their thinking, for warranty issues, it's much harder for people to nonchalantly swap pulleys and potentially break something.
it does still have potential to spin and thats the only thing that worries me. although all of their chargers are like this and if they arent having problems hopefully i wont either. i can easily open the hole up and key this, the only problem is there is no step to press against on the shaft. the way this is the pulley sits flush to the end of the shaft with the back side just about to load the bearings. the diameter of the shaft is even a odd ball size. .6632 it doesnt come out to any normal size. i know it was a bastard getting that original pulley off.

a side note is even keyed pullies can come off. i had that happen with an aluminum pulley on the corrado i had. if the seat for the key starts getting beat on some you get play and it ends up backing the bolt out. anyhow we shall see what happens

Quick Reply: RCLB GMT-900. tvs1900, 4l80e, stall, cam, exhaust