PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

RCSB build

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Finished for the night...time to go have fun Got the new harness about halfway in. Still have a couple signal wires to splice into and also need to give everything power. Should get that finished up tomorrow. Got talked into running some bigger injectors (actually it was more of a hostile acquisition of my SD60s), but the new ones are Ford LU80s. I'm about halfway done converting the Ford data to GM data...that still needs some work too. Excel makes it pretty simple though

got that dirty thing out

new transfer case input

harness getting prepared for installation

some progress tonight

The new harness looks to have a 5 pin cam sensor connector...it has the right wires from the cam sensor on the wiring diagram, but for some reason has two extras. Any NNBS guys have this 5 pin connector?

connector on the 6.0 front cover

Its not really a problem because the wires can just be put in the proper location using a pigtail or splicing if I have to. Just curious if anyone has seen it before. New harness is from a 5.3 2008 silverado, by the way.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. Happy new year buddy! Now hurry up and finish haha.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lookin good man.

So your doing the new harness to run the new pcm, how come?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:12 AM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by 1989k1500
Lookin good man.

So your doing the new harness to run the new pcm, how come?
Its cheaper, faster (computer-wise), and I already have a tune for it, minus changes for the Isky cam.

Made some decent progress today... ECM, TCM are in. Most of the harness is connected to where it needs to go. Just have to finish installing the FPCM and accelerator pedal and clean up the wiring a bit. When its finished it should almost look like nothing was changed. To the untrained eye I don't think the harness changes will be noticeable. Soon as the electrical mess is finished, I can finally start turning wrenches on this thing I worked late tonight to try to knock it out, but as soon as it got cold my soldering iron stopped working so well. The heat gets sucked right out of the solder so the connections are shitty...have to continue that in the morning.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its not really a problem because the wires can just be put in the proper location using a pigtail or splicing if I have to. Just curious if anyone has seen it before. New harness is from a 5.3 2008 silverado, by the way.[/QUOTE]

My truck is an 08 and it only has the 2 pin cam sensor... That connector looks like the maf connector.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Mod with training wheels

Its definitely not the MAF lol...thats already tucked away in the corner of the engine bay.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well glad thats ruled out
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Mod with training wheels

Finally getting somewhere! Its taking forever, but certainly is nice to see your work come together The engine bay stuff is about 95% complete. Haven't finished connecting the FPCM up yet because I am still trying to track down this oddball serial data enable wire...some difference between 5.3L and 6.0L wiring harnesses that is oversimplified in all the schematics I have looked at. But, the engine install is coming next!

Fuse box and FPCM near the firewall. The extra wires there will be cleaned up once I connect the module.

Part of the old harness and new harness. Its all jumbled together on the side for now, until I can put it up on the engine where it belongs. Blue wires are for the alternator...I ran out of loom

NNBS pedal installed

Patiently waiting

Couple cool pics I took as the sun was going down....sub-par camera for the job but I thought I would share anyway

Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Man thats a great build. In for more updates
Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Mod with training wheels

Engine is in, dropped the turbo and manifold in for a photo op

Quick Reply: RCSB build