PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

RCSB Turbo 365 Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build man, me likey FYI, IIRC, they used to refer to that color as "Corporate Blue", as most of the GM engines of the late 70's, early 80's used to come that way (77-82 maybe? ). I've considered painting my LQ9 that color, as my truck is also black, with blue accents, but the General used that color during an era when they were just figuring out how to keep emissions down and mpg's up, and the small blocks of that day were severely underpowered Still a cool color though
Old 07-11-2011, 08:56 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Nice build man, me likey FYI, IIRC, they used to refer to that color as "Corporate Blue", as most of the GM engines of the late 70's, early 80's used to come that way (77-82 maybe? ). I've considered painting my LQ9 that color, as my truck is also black, with blue accents, but the General used that color during an era when they were just figuring out how to keep emissions down and mpg's up, and the small blocks of that day were severely underpowered Still a cool color though
Actually there are two different shades of blue. There is the corporate GM blue from the later 70's and early 80's, then there is "Chevy Blue," used from 51-62. This is a little darker with a hint of grey tint. My pics make this look a little lighter in color than it is in person. If you look up dupli color paints, the corporate blue is DE1608, the chevy blue is DE1609
Old 07-11-2011, 09:39 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What transfer case are you using ?
Old 07-11-2011, 10:06 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeyc125
This is a somewhat controversial subject. H-beams are "sometimes" stronger than I beams, but hbeams are significantly heavier from every manufacturer except callies, and that I believe is because their h beams are made overseas and their I beams are made in us, which are also quite a bit stronger. There are several guys on tech running the scat I beams that are running deep in the 9's, Kyle has also been running them in his forged 5.7 and has seen upwards of 20psi on accident IIRC. The scat I beams are around 590 grams, scat H beams are 657 grams. That is a very considerable amount of rotating mass. Also, the stock ls2 style rods have been proven to over 750rwhp on several occasions, these are 49 grams lighter a piece, and a little stronger, so I am not worried. Good questions though.
Cool, I didn't know the I beams were made here. I know the H beams are made overseas, even the callies stuff, but the final machine work is done in the us by whomever sells them here. Callies and manley H beams are very nice. At one time I had a cheap brand of h beams, and they were nice, but nowhere near the callies I have in my motor. I can't wait to see what your does!!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:12 AM
11 Second Truck Club

I'm using a new np246
Old 07-12-2011, 08:49 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet!! Everytime I see someone build a RCSB 4WD I get jealous. That's the one thing my truck isnt' that I wish it was!
I've thought about making it 4WD and I still might one day, but right now I'm just gonna stay where I'm at. Congrats on the awesome project!!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:05 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Yeah, the 4wd is nice on the street, which is where I spend the majority of the time, but it does hold you back a bit at the track with the weight and extra drag. And I'm sure with some good tires and a little suspension tweaking yours will be pretty wicked...and looks super sick too!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Got the valve springs swapped over, the heads on and torqued down with the ls9 7 layer mls head gaskets. I could tell when I torqued these down, they felt a bit more "spongy" then the regular 3 layers I've used before. I'm assuming thats what gives it the better seal. Tomorrow I am going through the inspection of the house we are buying so may not get much done, but I would like to have this thing completely buttoned up. Still have to drill the oil return hole in the pan, inslall the windage tray, oil pump and pickup and install the front and rear covers. Then its time to start ripping the poor ol 5.3 out.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:20 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Sweet!! Everytime I see someone build a RCSB 4WD I get jealous. That's the one thing my truck isnt' that I wish it was!
I've thought about making it 4WD and I still might one day, but right now I'm just gonna stay where I'm at. Congrats on the awesome project!!
All you need to do is buy roll over 4x4 and put your body on it. Would be super easy.

Originally Posted by joeyc125
Yeah, the 4wd is nice on the street, which is where I spend the majority of the time, but it does hold you back a bit at the track with the weight and extra drag. And I'm sure with some good tires and a little suspension tweaking yours will be pretty wicked...and looks super sick too!
Yeah you should see the look on peoples face when you roll up and run 10's on stock 245/17's in full street trim no burnout and put the spank on a stripped down lightning lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This was fri night at slomoso 3400' DA 245/75/17's stock air psi, gate hitch, on straight 91 in the tank T78/1.15 on 12-13psi. Think with some wider tires and 16psi it would go easy 10.50's on 50K street tires..
Old 07-13-2011, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

super sick

Quick Reply: RCSB Turbo 365 Project