PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

shakenfake's Sierra SLT LBZ thread (BORING)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 03:12 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by shakenfake
Yes that but I didn't think it had a the thing coming up to the seat?

I figure I could find one on marketplace from a part out or somethin. Shouldn't be too hard but it may be something I just live with.
Yes, the pieces sticking out of the side go under the seat.

Example of ridiculous price for them.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/32531843741...Bk9SR4LNuKzoYA
Old 09-15-2022, 03:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,278 Likes on 975 Posts

Damn I did not think they would be that expensive. Might just live with it then lol
Old 09-15-2022, 03:20 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Damn I did not think they would be that expensive. Might just live with it then lol
Oh come one... I wouldn't pay the 50-60 for a used one but a fresh new one I would.

The pull it your self yard would be less than $20. I pulled one for an extended cab and I think it was around $15 out the door. The extended cab is even longer than this. Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL will all have the same piece as a crew cab. Not sure if its the same on the escalade but probably is on the avalanche too.

Unless the part out is near you the shipping is probably going to be high too... Just an FYI
Old 09-15-2022, 03:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Hehe I already bought it
There is one on Amazon for $55 No pictures though, they do say that it fits interior code 922
Amazon Amazon

Amazon woulda been a little cheaper but who knows if it is legit
Old 09-15-2022, 03:31 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Hehe I already bought it
There is one on Amazon for $55 No pictures though, they do say that it fits interior code 922
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-10.../dp/B000QII4HC

Amazon woulda been a little cheaper but who knows if it is legit
I don't think this part is being knocked off yet so should be legit. No pictures always scares me though... It's like a mystery if your going to get the right part or not.

I think I had to do both sides on my truck and also the Trim panel for the B pillar on the driver side.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:33 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

I just checked the link. Interesting... It says that parts origin is in China...
Old 09-15-2022, 03:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Meh the $18 or whatever to get a part with pictures is all good with me. I will survive although after dropping about $300 in the past few days on a new truck it does make me suspicious on if I really will survive lol

@1FastBrick You running a lift pump?
Old 09-15-2022, 03:41 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Meh the $18 or whatever to get a part with pictures is all good with me. I will survive although after dropping about $300 in the past few days on a new truck it does make me suspicious on if I really will survive lol

@1FastBrick You running a lift pump?
Not Yet... this is an interesting topic though...

So most of your fass and air dog pumps are not Flow through. So if it dies, your stranded unless you pull over and bypass the lines. Also your dumping alot fuel through the return line. Return lines can break and then your dumping it on the road..

I ether want to do a Kennedy inline pump or the fleece in tank pump. Both are flow through design in case the pump dies.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Ah have not thought of that good point. Kennedy is what I see a lot of people recommending.
My fuel filter has 38% life left so I was thinking about knocking two birds with one stone whenit comes time to replace it. What I don't get is why you have to cut the fill neck? I cannot find a solid answer to that.

@1FastBrick A lot of people like the FASS and airdog for the filtration but personally I think OEM filtration is fine. I just know a lift pump helps the CP3. What say you? That makes a better argument for the Kennedy especially

Last edited by shakenfake; 09-15-2022 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:42 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Ah have not thought of that good point. Kennedy is what I see a lot of people recommending.
My fuel filter has 38% life left so I was thinking about knocking two birds with one stone whenit comes time to replace it. What I don't get is why you have to cut the fill neck? I cannot find a solid answer to that.

@1FastBrick A lot of people like the FASS and airdog for the filtration but personally I think OEM filtration is fine. I just know a lift pump helps the CP3. What say you? That makes a better argument for the Kennedy especially
The fill neck get cut for the pressure return on some systems. they push about 15PSI through it.

The Kennedy single pushes 2 PSI and the Double pushes 4psi

Its a good idea to run one because the factory did not. So the Lift pump is always pulling a vacuum from the tank. The lift pump relieves that stress...

Kennedy explains it well on his site I don't believe you cut anything with his set up so you could always remove it if you wanted. No harm no foul.

On my truck I believe it had a pump at one point or some one had a different bed on it. Because the filler neck was cut and it looks like it had mounts for a 5th wheel but the bed has no holes for it.

Quick Reply: shakenfake's Sierra SLT LBZ thread (BORING)