PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Slow and getting slower

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Hmmm, wouldn't be the first time I've banned Atomic....
And much to his surprise, or so I heard
Old 10-24-2012, 01:26 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ahh, the good ole days! Hahaha!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:33 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Yea, last time I mention a theory I have to Roger

I will still probably shift around 6500-6700 like I do now, im pretty much out of turbo by that point anyway.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:33 PM
I have a gauge for that

Heres an idle clip with it being a little lean...

Idle tuning with this guy is more challenging than I thought, but that idle set screw is coming in handy.

I have a separate issue though...I have a huge electrical problem somewhere. When I went to start it, as soon as I turned the key everything completely died. Nothing work, not even the interior map lights, but the battery was fine. I checked all the wires and nothing was burned through and shorted and I havent touched any wiring. A few minutes later everything was fine and like nothing happened. This happened 30 minutes later when I turned the truck off - completely lost all electrical. I was still sitting in the driver seat and 3 minutes later its like a switch was flipped and everything started working fine again.

I have the factory wire from the alterntor to the red junction box, from there a 4ga wire to the main underhood fuse box, and a 0 gauge to the battery. A 4ga ground from the body to the back of the driver head and a 0 gauge ground from the battery to the passenger head. All of the connections are clean metal on metal and no wires are damaged...
Old 10-24-2012, 11:45 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atomic

I have a separate issue though...I have a huge electrical problem somewhere. When I went to start it, as soon as I turned the key everything completely died. Nothing work, not even the interior map lights, but the battery was fine. I checked all the wires and nothing was burned through and shorted and I havent touched any wiring. A few minutes later everything was fine and like nothing happened. This happened 30 minutes later when I turned the truck off - completely lost all electrical. I was still sitting in the driver seat and 3 minutes later its like a switch was flipped and everything started working fine again.

I have the factory wire from the alterntor to the red junction box, from there a 4ga wire to the main underhood fuse box, and a 0 gauge to the battery. A 4ga ground from the body to the back of the driver head and a 0 gauge ground from the battery to the passenger head. All of the connections are clean metal on metal and no wires are damaged...
Believe it or not, you might need to flash the bcm.

If the seat also goes crazy at times (mine used to try to crush me on the steering wheel once in a blue moon), it's a definite.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I'll bet that seat scared the **** out of ya
Old 10-24-2012, 11:56 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. It happened 2 or 3 times... Just enough for the word Carrie to pop into my head.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:44 AM
I have a gauge for that

Well my seats are corbeu racing seats sitting on a frame I welded together I don't think I will be randomly crushed what would cause the bcm issue? Don't I need a tech 2 to do anything with it?
Old 10-26-2012, 12:50 AM
I have a gauge for that

Found the issue...the bolt on the passenger head holding the ground wire is not making good contact....which is weird considering its 2" into the head...tightened it slightly and everything is good to go.

Heres a cab view from tonight...

Had my first run of breakage tonight, had a lot happen at once actually. I turned the boost controller up slightly and blew off the 3/8 brake booster hose off the back of the intake at the same time one of the heater core hoses popped off an elbow. So I was that jackass that spilled coolant all over the track. Filled it back up with water and drove it home, but didnt find the huge vacuum leak until I got home. Kinda funny I was able to cruise at 70mph and 0% throttle because that leak was so bad. I have cruise control again! Not cool, however, was how at idle, because it is reving too high, the computer pulled timing dow to 4* and 3000rpm, so yes my pipes were bright red

Everything else appears fine though...havent noticed any gain with the new cam though, but didnt get a chance to try higher shift points.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice steering wheel! I have a screen support for my laptop like these. Catalog

Awesome truck! Thanks for sharing your build, successes and failures. Helps keep the dream alive for us poor suckers!

Quick Reply: Slow and getting slower