PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Some fabbing of my own, on the harley :D

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to build bikes, and have done alot of modding to them.
I love the pipes on that bike. Good job.
Can you rotate the rear fender so that the bottom is to the point where you want to cut it? I can't tell if it's stock or an aftermarket fender. All you might have to do is drill two holes for the struts on each side, one for the seat, and cut some off the inside where the splash guard and belt are.

This would allow you to keep the paint work on the fender which looks very nice.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Very nice bike man.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

ahhhhhhh **** johns a hells angle jk awsome bike not to mention kick *** paint scheme
Old 02-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinr98
I used to build bikes, and have done alot of modding to them.
I love the pipes on that bike. Good job.
Can you rotate the rear fender so that the bottom is to the point where you want to cut it? I can't tell if it's stock or an aftermarket fender. All you might have to do is drill two holes for the struts on each side, one for the seat, and cut some off the inside where the splash guard and belt are.

This would allow you to keep the paint work on the fender which looks very nice.
The fender if you notices has some damage to the paint. One of the big reasons it was cut.. It is a stock fender.. My dad has a great idea for keeping some of the paint theme for the rear fender.. I also just made a spacer for the hyper charger, that I I have never seen done before with a hypercharger. I am not a huge fan of them, but after looking at other air cleaner options, prices, I opt to keep it, added my lil twist.. Pics to follow of that, also more of the metal work

Thanks all
Old 02-27-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Nice little changes man, kind of crazy how such simple things can really change the looks of a bike. Good work.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Baltimore Whore

Thanks..

Here are some more pics of the metal working.. Dad is the man, much props to him.. Still a bit of work left. Going to incorporate some design that will keep the paint theme, so it just doesn't look like it was slapped on, however in it state it is a one off part..

After the other part was welded, some light polishing.. This is a long process, metal has to be block sanded totally smooth, then buffed..

Ok so I added a lil more of a twist.. I am not a fan of the hyper charger. But after looking at what else is offered, I like it enough to keep it.. So I decided I was going to add a spacer to it, that not only spaced it out a 1'' but also kicked the front out in a angle.. So now it is out, keeps the same lines as the gas tank. Took a bit of time to machine this all down, drill holes, finesse the holes in the cover of the charger to all work. But it was well worth it, looks great.. Again another part that is 1 off.. I have never seen this done with this style cleaner, have never seen a spacer of this kind for these..

Last edited by Mangled03gmc; 02-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont think I've ever seen a project thread of yours without a can of Natty in at least one picture.

Bike looks good!

Originally Posted by Bigredmariner
Nice little changes man, kind of crazy how such simple things can really change the looks of a bike. Good work.
for sure. When I see stock Harleys I dont like them but with a few things done some look awesome.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by 1989k1500
I dont think I've ever seen a project thread of yours without a can of Natty in at least one picture.

Bike looks good!

for sure. When I see stock Harleys I dont like them but with a few things done some look awesome.
LMAO I know.. Can't help it.. It comes in handy, for props such as the pics show.. HAhahaha
Old 02-27-2011, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought spacers only worked if they had nitrous ports!

Fab looks good though. Never thought to use a hole saw on the lathe. I'll try that next time i'm boring a huge hole.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by brent5631
I thought spacers only worked if they had nitrous ports!
Never know. A 25 shot would be cool... Yah it worked great, but you have to turn the rpms down supper low, or it just chatters.. Thanks man

Quick Reply: Some fabbing of my own, on the harley :D