PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Work in progress

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hulign
Now I'm debating wheels....20's or 22's?
15's...

Nice to see you got a engine on order. Post lots of pics.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do....

15s ?!?! haha. Won't fit over the later front and suv rear brakes.

Currently planning a Holley Hi Ram and matching throttle body. Need to figure out the bits for fitting my stock fuel lines. Hopefully the racetronix drop in pump will be enough or I will be picking the bed back up.

Driving it to-from work for a couple days to tweak ride height and work out any kinks before the alignment.

It's pretty cool having it at this height, going to be a fun truck.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Ok so I lied....

Made a couple calls yesterday and found a shop that didn't sound scared to do the alignment. Got a wild hair today and dropped if off. They got it pretty close to spec. I actually did the upper arms and the offset bushings. If I take out the bushings I think it will align to spec.

Not sure I will bother unless I get really bored.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Got back underneath and retorqued everything after driving it a bit. In hindsight I wouldnt have spent ANY money with DJM for the rear of this truck. The brackets are a pain. The ubolts were ****. The C Notch was cheesy and just wouldn't have worked on my frame. The shocks and shock extension also fit like crap so I will be replacing them soon.

Kind of in a holding pattern. Need to get my intake and injectors ordered.

Been looking at wheels and tires. I have a slight rub up front on a hard dip. Thinking I'm going 20s. I think 22s would look killer but since I'm going to drive this daily I want a little more sidewall.

Sent an email to Denny's driveshaft so will need to wedge my fat *** under there and get things measured for that as well.

Good news is the kid started college now so its not a big deal if the truck is torn apart for a bit to get these things done.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

No huge developments.. I got my AF gauge mounted but no reason to wire it up yet. This surround is actually kind of nice.

I did get wheels picked out, went with 20's. I would have liked to order them with tires mounted but not sure what will clear.

I also decided to splurge on a hood.

Will order the intake probably tomorrow...
Attached Thumbnails Work in progress-wheels.jpg   Work in progress-hood.jpg   Work in progress-att_1409606223346136-small-.jpeg  
Old 09-02-2014, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

Well when I can't sleep bad things happen.

Holley Hi Ram,Holley throttle body,stud kit,cable mount and map sensor adapter have all been ordered.

How did we ever live without the internet?
Old 09-06-2014, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Got the wheels and tires on today. No more rub! Thats a relief.
Attached Thumbnails Work in progress-20140906_134718.jpg  
Old 09-28-2014, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Ok so the hood was a bust. They sent me the wrong hood. Looked like it was for a ford super duty. I did get my money back after I sent them proof the hood was destroyed. The quality was horrible. I would not recommend a duraflex hood. Yesterday I did manage to get the front diff swapped out to the 4:10 unit. So at least I am 4wd again. Also replaced the fog lamps that the kid broke when I let her drive it.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

UPDATE...

I am heavily medicated typing this so try to keep up.

Been busy trying to buy the family business. Doing a crap ton of work on the building and trying to get it all official by the first. Progress has been slow but at least there is progress!

Keep in mind I am working alone and with only one good arm.

The new motor is in!

Working on getting the headers installed...Almost forgot to weld in the bung for the wideband.

Bought a ORY to get me thru break in. Plan on a full 3in duals with spintechs and a cross over. Might wait till winter is over.

Bought a 240 amp alternator but not sure I will get it fit with the connector on the fuel rail. Any advice here would be great!

I think I have all the fittings to mount the FPR but havent decided on if I want to bracket it off the intake or firewall mount it.

Went with an LS6 valley pan and have a catch can on the way. My parts list is getting shorter and shorter.

More pics to come!
Attached Thumbnails Work in progress-20141124_183939-small-.jpg   Work in progress-20141126_191609-small-.jpg   Work in progress-20141130_203442-small-.jpg   Work in progress-20141203_155030-small-.jpg   Work in progress-20141203_152444-small-.jpg  

Old 12-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Sweet build. Couple of question's sorry if I missed them in previous reply... Whats the total drop front and rear. I just purchaced the 3/5 front and 4/7 rear adjustable from MCG. Kinda want to judge it to your truck. Second question is.... When are you gonna take those dang mud flaps off the front?

Quick Reply: Work in progress