Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

345 is not 345, Waxed a Hemi kill story

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 345 is not 345, Waxed a Hemi kill story

Orange GTX RCSB Hemi Powered Ram. It is a guy from work but I do not know who. Its a very large company. We got off work and I lined up next to him at a dual left hand turn lanes. We cross the busy street and park in the median waiting to turn left, we were side by side. The last car flys by and we both take off. He squeels around his corner. I take off slower since I am on the inside. He punches it once he got straight, he has exhaust so his punch was obvious. So I punch it and do a mini fish thanks to this damn Nelson tune. We were even for only a split second. In first gear he was half a truck back. When I hit second my truck just took off. I did not even top out second and I had put 4 to 6 lengths on him. After that he just kind of layed back in traffic the rest of the way.

So whats the deal? Both trucks are rated at 345hp. His truck was a RC and mine is an EC. He has at least exhaust, who knows what else. My truck is completly stock except for a Nelson Tune.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

Nice Kill.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

good kill.all that glamor doesnt make em run any better...
Old 03-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Hey, nice to see you're enjoying the tune!
I love hearing stories like that. I'm sure you upset that guy quite a bit, lol.

He probably wasn't flooring it

good kill,
Old 03-13-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet , hemi slow
Old 03-14-2005, 05:59 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill Yea those Hemi's are slow.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:52 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Old 03-14-2005, 09:58 AM

So whats the deal? Both trucks are rated at 345hp. His truck was a RC and mine is an EC. He has at least exhaust, who knows what else. My truck is completly stock except for a Nelson Tune.
I think you said it right there, Nelson Tune! A reg cab Dodge weighs about the same as an ext cab GM truck about 4800-4900 lbs, my QC 4x2 Dodge weighs 5240 lbs.. The GM 345 hp 6.0L is putting more of that power to the ground than the Dodge 345 hp 5.7L because of the severe Torque Management on the Dodge trucks. How much HP & TQ did Allen say the tune would give you, 20-30 hp and 20-30 tq? Were the shifts extended higher in the rpm range? Are your shifts now faster and firmer? Also, how much TM was removed to put even more of that power to the ground? I've seen posts where a custom tune reduces a 1/4 time by .5 seconds, so if the two trucks would be even if stock, then you are now a 1/2 a second faster, that's quite a bit. The Dodge may have an exhaust but it probably didn't give him anymore power, just more noise. The Dodge factory is very good from reports I've read, just not loud and alot of guys want more noise. My number one want is a custom tune for my truck but NO ONE does them for the Dodge's. The DC tuning isn't performance oriented at all, they really hold that Hemi engine back with tuning and TM.
I'm not saying as an excuse, just a reason. A kill is a kill, Good Kill!
Jim
Old 03-14-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Nice.

I had Bumble Bee (yes, I know) give me a real hard time about a month or so back. We were dead even from a ~50 roll. (Before rockers, before Crane tuning.)

I went looking for the person on the Dodge sites, but never found him.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Y2K Silverado
I think you said it right there, Nelson Tune! A reg cab Dodge weighs about the same as an ext cab GM truck about 4800-4900 lbs, my QC 4x2 Dodge weighs 5240 lbs.. The GM 345 hp 6.0L is putting more of that power to the ground than the Dodge 345 hp 5.7L because of the severe Torque Management on the Dodge trucks. How much HP & TQ did Allen say the tune would give you, 20-30 hp and 20-30 tq? Were the shifts extended higher in the rpm range? Are your shifts now faster and firmer? Also, how much TM was removed to put even more of that power to the ground? I've seen posts where a custom tune reduces a 1/4 time by .5 seconds, so if the two trucks would be even if stock, then you are now a 1/2 a second faster, that's quite a bit. The Dodge may have an exhaust but it probably didn't give him anymore power, just more noise. The Dodge factory is very good from reports I've read, just not loud and alot of guys want more noise. My number one want is a custom tune for my truck but NO ONE does them for the Dodge's. The DC tuning isn't performance oriented at all, they really hold that Hemi engine back with tuning and TM.
I'm not saying as an excuse, just a reason. A kill is a kill, Good Kill!
Jim
WELL IM NOT CALLING YOU A LIAR, BUT A RCSB 2WD HEMI WEIGHS 4600 #'S WITH NO ONE IN IT AND A 1/4 TANK OF GAS. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE THERE WERE TWO AT THE TRACK THE OTHER DAY AND I SAW THEM WEIGH THEM 1 WAS 4780 AND THE OTHER WAS 4800 WITH THE GUYS IN THEM. SO THEY ARE AT LEAST 4600 WITH NO ONE IN IT.

Quick Reply: 345 is not 345, Waxed a Hemi kill story