Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

350Z owner less cocky now...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350Z owner less cocky now...

I was on my way to college today, when I came up behind a 350Z with a license plate ZULATR at a stop light. (There were cars in the other lane, and none in front of him) Just to see if he would get on it, I got close behind him. He did, but not all the way. So as soon as we get across the intersection, I jump in the other lane (cause we had left the other cars) to pass him. He instantly hears my loud *** truck, and the rear end squats as he hammers it. I continued pulling on him, while he was going through the gears . I noticed him shift twice. I wasn't looking, but we went to about 60 or 70mph when I let off with about a fender ahead of him. Neither one of us were pulling on the other anymore when I let off. I guess my truck is stronger through 2nd gear than I thought, or maybe he can't drive. Either way, I was happily surprised.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

What kind of setup are you running, those 350z's are pretty quick. I believe they run high 13's in the quarter stock, pulling hard up top. I raced one from about a 30 roll and we were side by side up to 80 with me on the 100 shot before the wife beat the hell outa my leg tellin me to slow the f&*&) down, so I just letem go
Old 01-25-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea... i'd imagine he cant drive... they are quick little things. WTG in making him feel gay tho, lol.

I raced one about 2 or 3 weeks ago and pulled on him pretty bad. They do make up a lot of ground up top tho.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

high revving little engines, they are gutless down low though due to their complete lack of torque. It's a sports car for people that don't feel comfortable spinning their tires.

I believe they are low 14 second cars as well. Only real problem with them is the power they come with will stay that way untill you do FI. Boltons do nothing for those cars.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Most of them at the track at HRP run very low 14's.... have not lost to one yet...

TJ
Old 01-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Teching In

My truck is entirely too stock to touch one of those with a good driver. All it has are bolt-ons, a Hypercrap from ebay, and exhaust on a 5.3 (I'm a broke college student). He may not be able to drive, but he was trying. If he is going to have a cocky license plate, then he needs to learn how to drive it, or he is going to get a lot.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are pretty fast my friend has one he went 14.1 at 100 and some change mph with a horrible 60ft do to shitty track prep. Way to go.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow99
I was on my way to college today, when I came up behind a 350Z with a license plate ZULATR at a stop light. (There were cars in the other lane, and none in front of him) Just to see if he would get on it, I got close behind him. He did, but not all the way. So as soon as we get across the intersection, I jump in the other lane (cause we had left the other cars) to pass him. He instantly hears my loud *** truck, and the rear end squats as he hammers it. I continued pulling on him, while he was going through the gears . I noticed him shift twice. I wasn't looking, but we went to about 60 or 70mph when I let off with about a fender ahead of him. Neither one of us were pulling on the other anymore when I let off. I guess my truck is stronger through 2nd gear than I thought, or maybe he can't drive. Either way, I was happily surprised.
Was this 350Z blue? If so he just registered on a local Arkansas site and his user name is ZYAL8ER. I noticed he is from Fort Smith as well so this must be the same guy. Oh and his mods are CAI, chip, UD pullies, and AFC. I'd say that was a good kill man!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Any rice kill is a good kill.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silverado Desperado
Any rice kill is a good kill.
Since when are 350Z's rice? I talked to this guy he raced on another forum and he knows his stuff, I'd say he is pretty far from rice..

Quick Reply: 350Z owner less cocky now...