Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

4.8 vs Harley Dividson F150

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running mid 14s in an ext cab 4.8 with tune, headers, exhaust, intake, stock trans, 3.42s open diff. Havent been back since I installed the locker and 3.73s, it sure feels faster now. I figure you should be at least low to mid 14s.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
I'm running mid 14s in an ext cab 4.8 with tune, headers, exhaust, intake, stock trans, 3.42s open diff. Havent been back since I installed the locker and 3.73s, it sure feels faster now. I figure you should be at least low to mid 14s.
See that's what trucks were running around my home with those mods. And why I suspect maybe high 14s
Old 07-22-2011, 05:19 AM
Teching In

Good run, with your mods though he shoulda pulled buslengths on you even bone stock but ya never know, maybe he had a bed full of concrete or cab full of passengers?

Anything can happen on the streets. Good kill.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

A guy i know has a Harley F150. His best run is 13.8. He has a pulley, cat-back, and a hand held programmer. He wants to run my 4.8 ecsb with a vortech charger. I've been a little reluctant. But, now that ive read this thread it gives me more hope.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xTraViSx
A guy i know has a Harley F150. His best run is 13.8. He has a pulley, cat-back, and a hand held programmer. He wants to run my 4.8 ecsb with a vortech charger. I've been a little reluctant. But, now that ive read this thread it gives me more hope.
It shouldn't.. As the only person who know what I am talking about, something was wrong.

Bone stock the Supercharged HDs are 14s trucks... MUCH faster than the OPs truck, on top of that he says its modded (dunno how he knows but it is what it is)

Now there are NON SC'd HDs which sounds more likely the actual truck the OP raced maybe with a loud K&N filter.. unless the HD was either full of people or full of cargo and not modded the out come just isn't logical.( not saying that miracles don't happen just you beating a truck that as you described it is more than 2 full seconds faster than you, its just hard to swallow) BTW cat backs and muffler deletes don't do sh*t for our trucks as far as power, it only adds noise.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by C9A1L1L
It shouldn't.. As the only person who know what I am talking about, something was wrong.

Bone stock the Supercharged HDs are 14s trucks... MUCH faster than the OPs truck, on top of that he says its modded (dunno how he knows but it is what it is)

Now there are NON SC'd HDs which sounds more likely the actual truck the OP raced maybe with a loud K&N filter.. unless the HD was either full of people or full of cargo and not modded the out come just isn't logical.( not saying that miracles don't happen just you beating a truck that as you described it is more than 2 full seconds faster than you, its just hard to swallow) BTW cat backs and muffler deletes don't do sh*t for our trucks as far as power, it only adds noise.
1. I did not say he for sure had mods. I said "unknown" mods. Meaning I font know what he has. Do I know if he was stock? No. Do I know if he wasn't stock? No. Therefore unknown would be best word, stock or not.

2. I know exactly what a supercharger sounds like when its WOT 4 feet away from me, it was supercharged.

3. I wouldn't say 14s is MUCH faster than my truck, seeing as I'm practically there. Not gonna claim times yet, was gonna take it yesterday but it rained.

4. It's a good thing I don't have just a cat back or muffler delete then lol
Old 07-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Buford17
1. I did not say he for sure had mods. I said "unknown" mods. Meaning I font know what he has. Do I know if he was stock? No. Do I know if he wasn't stock? No. Therefore unknown would be best word, stock or not.

2. I know exactly what a supercharger sounds like when its WOT 4 feet away from me, it was supercharged.

3. I wouldn't say 14s is MUCH faster than my truck, seeing as I'm practically there. Not gonna claim times yet, was gonna take it yesterday but it rained.

4. It's a good thing I don't have just a cat back or muffler delete then lol
My comment about the exhaust was for you and the guy above mentioning the catback/loud exhaust. I was simply stating it adds no poer for OUR trucks as in Lightnings/HDs. And no you didn't say for sure you knew he had mods but you made it a point to give the idea you beat a modded HD which with your mods is unlikely.

As I said before, ANYTHING can happen and I gave you props on the win, a win is a win. Me saying it was a K&N was sarcasm but that is hard through the internet at times. Do what a majority of Chevy guys do and slap on a big shot, that seems to be the common cop out now a days lol. But then again, power is power and ya do whatcha gotta do hahah.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by C9A1L1L
My comment about the exhaust was for you and the guy above mentioning the catback/loud exhaust. I was simply stating it adds no poer for OUR trucks as in Lightnings/HDs. And no you didn't say for sure you knew he had mods but you made it a point to give the idea you beat a modded HD which with your mods is unlikely.

As I said before, ANYTHING can happen and I gave you props on the win, a win is a win. Me saying it was a K&N was sarcasm but that is hard through the internet at times. Do what a majority of Chevy guys do and slap on a big shot, that seems to be the common cop out now a days lol. But then again, power is power and ya do whatcha gotta do hahah.
Sorry if I seemed like somewhat of an ******* I was just pissed earlier and I didn't wanna make it seem that way lol yea it doesn't I hear lightnings have a good flow from factory. I made it seem like it had mods because it did seem somewhat loud, not as loud as mine with headers and dynomax bullets but almost there. Leading me to believe he had some sort of exhaust. It may not do anything to it but a "mod" technically. I was surprised myself but I have had a run in with a lightning before and I would expect this outcome from this truck. Also iv heard they are nothing good at all stock or Stockish. Yes it is hard to catch sarcasm on the internet or any type of text iv had my experiences haha
Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Buford17
Sorry if I seemed like somewhat of an ******* I was just pissed earlier and I didn't wanna make it seem that way lol yea it doesn't I hear lightnings have a good flow from factory. I made it seem like it had mods because it did seem somewhat loud, not as loud as mine with headers and dynomax bullets but almost there. Leading me to believe he had some sort of exhaust. It may not do anything to it but a "mod" technically. I was surprised myself but I have had a run in with a lightning before and I would expect this outcome from this truck. Also iv heard they are nothing good at all stock or Stockish. Yes it is hard to catch sarcasm on the internet or any type of text iv had my experiences haha

Its all good.

The Lightning stock exhaust is only hampered by crappy headers and 4 cats lol. Getting rid of the mid pipe gives you a little but getting rid of the headers is pretty legit on a properly modded truck. The exhaust is already damn near 2.5" just like the after market exhaust and on the lightnings the exhaust is like a few feet long TOTAL since it comes right out the side.

Stock the HDs are mid to low 14s. Ls are mid 13s, tune upload puts them in bottom 13s as will a good set of tires. They require decent maint. due to the S/C system that a lot of people simple don't do. It can add a full second or more to your time slip if the plugs aren't changed, IC pump is out or intercooler isn't cleaned.

I miss my oldschool 383 stroker 65 c-10 chev, but the L still puts a little smile on my face messin around with ******** in little sport cars on the road.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Holy **** lol yea mine comes out the side just like a lightning would, not with 4 cats though lol only two I wish I could take off but I don't know how inspection would go here in north carolina. I'm fixing to have it dumped though right about where the cab ends. It's not as fast as a lightning, but it still makes me smile to see the look of peoples faces when they get beat by a truck lol just like a 2010 v6 Camaro last night "I can't believe your trying to rave me in that! Haha" right before we race with me right next to him with full exhaust and other things. might go to the track tonight